Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Fragnarok
Gavin

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Inferno Orange
Track Days?

Anyone know any good places to get track time in around VA? I checked VIR but i think the only thing they have is a $3200 dollar annual club membership.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Check with local clubs. SCCA, NASA, Porsche club ect. The car clubs will open up there runs to outsiders after there members have had time to sign up, some times.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
44CUPMASTER

Drives: 944 PORSCHE
EMRA . WHEN I WAS AT BEHE PERFORMANCE THEY TOLD ME ABOUT EMRA AND I'VE BEEN RACING WITH THEM EVER SENSE . BEHE ALSO DOSE MY TRACK INSPECTIONS AND SETS MY CAR UP FOR ME .
44CUPMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
http://www.emraracing.org/
Here is the link for EMRA
Eastern Motor Racing Association.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragnarok View Post
Anyone know any good places to get track time in around VA? I checked VIR but i think the only thing they have is a $3200 dollar annual club membership.
when you find one let me know PLEASE!

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
44CUPMASTER

YEAH THERE VERY LAID BACK AND ALOT OF FUN . ALSO THERE ALWAY AT NJMP .
Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44CUPMASTER View Post
YEAH THERE VERY LAID BACK AND ALOT OF FUN . ALSO THERE ALWAY AT NJMP .
Stop yelling at me, I can read you just fine........... Lol
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
44CUPMASTER

lmao . sorry
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragnarok View Post
Hey Frag! Hope you made it back in good shape from C5Fest3

Go check out the calendar at the VIR web site - lots of different clubs there and companies doing track days.

http://virnow.com/track/calendar/

Click on different events to get to know what is what. You're looking for something tagged "HPDE". Coupla hundred bucks a day, typically. For instance, I think nasaracing.net is doing an event there Oct 12-14ish (wrote that down a while back, might have changed). Check it out. I'd love to go again in Oct, too.

Also, check out Friday at the Track at Summit Point.

http://www.summitpointfatt.com/

This could be cool and I would love go go up for a day or an evening.

FYI: VIR has relatively few walls and lots of green space at the edge of the track. That means that if you take an unplanned agricultural excursion, you don't end up with as much damage as other places that have walls two feet away from the corner you are trying to negotiate

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.

Last edited by SSSoon; 08-12-2012 at 07:00 AM.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Synner

Drives: cars
Summit point, I'll be there in October. I was there last month and was the only 5th gen, and only camaro, in sight.

Stock brake pads won't manage a whole day, I got HP+ pads to put in next week in preparation. You also want to upgrade your brake/clutch fluid. Otherwise you won't need anything your first time out. You'll soon find out your tires are holding you back. Hopefully it won't rain again. It puts the newbs into the wall when they don't know how to drive. 2 idiots in 4cyl's face planted on the barriers. If you get in trouble get out of the gas, not very hard of a concept. And then there was the Boss 302 and the owner who couldn't shift out of first without grinding and burning clutch. Hopefully he'll be back so I have someone to laugh at.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Summit point, I'll be there in October. I was there last month and was the only 5th gen, and only camaro, in sight.

Stock brake pads won't manage a whole day, I got HP+ pads to put in next week in preparation. You also want to upgrade your brake/clutch fluid. Otherwise you won't need anything your first time out. You'll soon find out your tires are holding you back. Hopefully it won't rain again. It puts the newbs into the wall when they don't know how to drive. 2 idiots in 4cyl's face planted on the barriers. If you get in trouble get out of the gas, not very hard of a concept. And then there was the Boss 302 and the owner who couldn't shift out of first without grinding and burning clutch. Hopefully he'll be back so I have someone to laugh at.
Sounds like a blast!

When you get details arranged about when you're going, post here. Would be cool if a bunch of us converged there.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
Synner

Drives: cars
It's Oct 12th although it appears to be sold out already for the "beginner" group. Group 2 is still available. The instructors aren't exactly a fan of american muscle, they kept marking me down even though I was tearing past all the other cars which prevented me from going to the experienced group. None of the instructors wanted to ride in my car. Kind of a bunch of road race snobs although they were cool to talk to. Somehow they think the only kind of car that can be fast on a road course is a 4cyl with a short wheel base. I never bothered to find out as I didn't look in my rear view mirror. Hehe. The only 2 cars faster than me in the beginner group had redone their whole suspension and had non-stock tires.

I'm wanting coilovers and new tires, tires being the most important to hang with the group 2 guys from what I could tell. I've already done sways, trailing/toe arms, and most every bushing. I did notice the soft springs in turns. It's a tight course that favors handling over power. 2 fast stops will burn up brakes although not as bad as some other tracks out there, they faded pretty bad once the track was dry and I could go full speed and really lay into the brakes to scrub speed. Now that I know the track all the nannies are coming off and I'll see how quick I can murder the tires. I've got it set up to lightly oversteer as I prefer powering out of turns that way. Its a lot faster than understeer or neutral if you have the stones and willingness to kill your tires by staying in it.

I'm surprised so few camaros are at the track. Seems they think a straight line is the only kind of racing to try.

http://www.summitpointfatt.com/
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
I wanted to go to summit on sep 14 th as the 15. Th is my birthday
But it's sold out already

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote