Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #99
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Oh he said "you people"

lmao

But I do agree, you hate a car magazine because it didn't pick your car this year, but loved it last year because it did, just silly.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #100
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Thanks for putting words in my mouth! I love it..

What I was saying is that MT is not now "crap" for selecting the Mustang. Essentially I was defending the magazine, not supporting the Mustang. Its just the popularity pendulum is swinging, and because it isnt in the Camaro favor right now..MT is crap. If the 2012 Camaro spanks the Mustang in the MT comparisons I'm sure MT will once again be the written word of the auto gods.

Thats what I was saying.
You're missing the point. It's not because it isn't the Camaro right now, it's because they can't grade a car to save their collective asses.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #101
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
So performance is the only thing people should considering when comparing cars? Just because the Camaro was faster didn't mean it was better. You do realize the Mustang has won design awards as well. In 94 it won awards and in 2005 I believe. You also realize that the Camaro winning design awards in 2010 is opinion just as much as Motor Trend saying the Mustang is better is opinion. You keep talking about sales, well did you know in the 90's and early 2000's that the Mustang outsold the Camaro and Firebird combined 2-1? Did that mean the Mustang was better? Sales don't define how great a car is, neither does performance alone.

Alot of magazines preferred my V6 Camaro over your SS, I bet you didn't agree with that either because if someone doesn't agree with your car of choice they are the enemy right?

I honestly haven't seen on magazine or website that is preferring the Camaro this year and more preferred the Mustang last year even though it was 100 horse short.

Talking about the Camaro outselling the Mustang this year, well it's obvious that the Camaro hadn't been out since 2002 and people were really wanting one and all the people that have been waiting since 2002 bought one. The Camaro hasn't outsold the Mustang all of 2010, the Mustang actually outsold the Camaro 3 months I believe. The Mustang hadn't been out of production for anytime since 1964 so people weren't having Mustang withdraws. I imagine everyone was waiting for the 5.0 and the 305 v6 Mustang and who ever bought a 2010 was a tool or didn't care about performance. I'm suprised the 2010 Mustang sold as well as it did to be honest. You do realize the 2011 Mustang is going to outsell the Camaro in 2011, I bet money on it! Will that mean it's better then our 2010-2011 Camaros? NOPE!

You know I love my car but I was never a Camaro person before I bought it and I can't believe how bitter and immature some of you guys are just because your car of choice isn't winning everything. It's like everyone has to make you feel good and praise your car to make you feel good and if they don't you hate them and have no self esteem, it's like you are fishing for compliments lol. Cancel your Motor Trend subscribtion but you had best cancel Car and Driver, stop reading Edmond's car review, Hot Rod Magazine and everything else because I'm afraid to tell you 2011 is the Mustangs. 2012 might be the Camaros, so you can bring your head out of the sand then.

It's like some of you guys just hate the Mustang because it isn't a Camaro lol. I have Mustang and Camaro friends and if we can get along, why can't you guys? I respect the Mustang and if it weren't for the Mustang making sells records in 1964 and being the first car of it's class in the world, then I wouldn't have my Camaro and you wouldn't. The Camaro was made only to compete with the Mustang, how can you not respect that? Heck if it wasn't for the 2005 Mustang being such a hit with everyone, then Chevy wouldn't have made the 2010 Camaro and made it retro. Learn some respect.
Again, it's not about what I agree with. It's about the difference between what magazines write and reality.

The Camaro was better than the Mustang in performance, style, design, and sales for MY 2010. All the data is in, it's not an opinion. As you said, most magazines still preferred the Mustang.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #102
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Back of class according to WHO? That is the question.

I didn't give these journalists permission to make my opinions for me.

Wait.... we still have journalists in this country???

Wow... I thought that unbiased journalism thing died a long time ago....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #103
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Again, it's not about what I agree with. It's about the difference between what magazines write and reality.

The Camaro was better than the Mustang in performance, style, design, and sales for MY 2010. All the data is in, it's not an opinion. As you said, most magazines still preferred the Mustang.
Styling and design are an opinion, performance was split (accel Camaro and Handling Mustang), and sales are not an indicator of how a car drives and feels (the Most boring car in the world is the best selling car: Camry).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #104
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
So you believe in that statement ''Motor Trend wouldn't know a muscle car if it bit them in the ass''? because last year they choose the Camaro. So by your logic they were full of crap then too, right? Or is it because your car of choice wasn't chosen and now their credibility is out the window. Can't you guys see how silly this all is. Last year they were the car gods for chosen the Camaro but now they are idiots for choosing the Mustang. How is the Mustang the inferior car when it ran faster that day, handled better, got better gas milage? How are they wrong for choosing the car they preferred? My god you people don't understand logic and common sense.
No, we believed them last year because the Camaro was way ahead of the 2010 Mustang (and most other cars). Besides a new Mustang coming out, what has changed to make them rate the Camaro SS at the bottom of the pack?

Nothing. That's why people are giving them grief.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #105
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
No, we believed them last year because the Camaro was way ahead of the 2010 Mustang (and most other cars). Besides a new Mustang coming out, what has changed to make them rate the Camaro SS at the bottom of the pack?

The fact that GM only added HUD and a new color to the SS, and ford has a brand new motor? I think that moves the spotlight a bit don't you?

also you say they can't grade a car, I can find about 100 quotes on this site from last year when ALOT of members (maybe not you) were praising MT for their "educated, accurate" review on the camaro.

Simple, MT praised the forums car of choice they were spot on and bla bla bla
GM didn't make any major changes, Mustang has the spotlight, MT is now garbage? lol
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #106
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:

Time: Warts that may not have been fully visible through the excitement of the car may have become visible over a years time. Opinions happen, opinions change, usually when the newness wears off of things. It is their opinion! Also, let's look at a few things. The SS was never directly compared with the SRT8 last year, it was always the R/T, When they tested the Gen coupe against the V6 Camaro, the Gen won last year and before now had never been up against the SS, THe Mustang V6 and GT got new engines and other notable upgrades for 11. ZJUst throwing a few things out there.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #107
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
........ Pretty obvious what they like, and it's not Chevy.

ONE OF THEM RATED A CHALLY SE OVER A CAMARO SS FOR GODS SAKE!

Was that JAMES MAY driving or WHAT?

Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #108
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Wait.... we still have journalists in this country???

Wow... I thought that unbiased journalism thing died a long time ago....

/thread

It's called an "Agenda" And EVERY single media source has one.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #109
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Styling and design are an opinion, performance was split (accel Camaro and Handling Mustang), and sales are not an indicator of how a car drives and feels (the Most boring car in the world is the best selling car: Camry).
Styling and design are opinions. The majority of those opinions went with the Camaro.

Mustang handling was not better than Camaro. Skid pad G's were better on the track pack Mustang, wheel hop though was and is a major detriment to a daily driver.

Sales within auto segment of like-priced cars certainly is an indicator of relative car quality. This is actually the biggest indicator of quality. Everybody spouts opinions, buyers actually put their money where their mouth is.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #110
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
The fact that GM only added HUD and a new color to the SS, and ford has a brand new motor? I think that moves the spotlight a bit don't you?
Depends on if Ford's new motor is better than the Camaro's. Is it?

Quote:
also you say they can't grade a car, I can find about 100 quotes on this site from last year when ALOT of members (maybe not you) were praising MT for their "educated, accurate" review on the camaro.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Quote:
Simple, MT praised the forums car of choice they were spot on and bla bla bla
GM didn't make any major changes, Mustang has the spotlight, MT is now garbage? lol
It actually has less to do with how the Mustang was rated than how low the Camaro was rated. The Camaro outclassed most of those cars last year, and the model year hasn't changed for either the Camaro or most of those cars.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #111
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Impact, you mentioned the mustang outselling Camaro three months of 2010.
The Camaro wasnt' available for the first three months of 2010, so that cannot be counted as mustang outselling Camaro.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #112
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I don't mind M/T. I like reading the articles and test results, but take their subjective opinions for what it's worth..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote