Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I think it is because of the tremec not being there making it less.
I started thinking along the lines of diabolical ...but eventually settled on this (^)...The Aisin M6 in the LS/LT cars is probably less expensive than the Tremec unit...and all things considered, the two auto-trannys are virtually identical except for torque capacity. So it would make sense that opting for a higher-tier feature from a lower-tier feature would mean more $$$...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 AM   #16
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Wow this is the first sports car forum I've ever been on where people get offended when you make fun of automatics. Wow.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #17
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
"Of course if you can't drive stick, you shouldn't be buying this car "

That was kind of low. My wife can't drive a stick so that is one of my reasons for getting the auto for when we take trips. Alot of you say you would never let you wife drive yours and that is fine. But my wife and I are a team, and she has never told me no I could not drive her 50,000.00 Acura RL.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #18
l008com

So why don't you teach her then? Its a manual transmission, it's not rocket science.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #19
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
With that much horsepower I would rather she was concentrated in the direction it is going. Also I said that was one of the reasons, another one is I have a bad left knee from a sports injury and my knee locks up when the weather changes. We have alot of stop and go traffic and that means alot of shifting. Not good with a bum knee.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #20
l008com

Well yeah thats what i said, if you have a physical reason, thats different. Oh maybe I'm thinking of another thread actually. I dunno
Old 11-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #21
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I started thinking along the lines of diabolical ...but eventually settled on this (^)...The Aisin M6 in the LS/LT cars is probably less expensive than the Tremec unit...and all things considered, the two auto-trannys are virtually identical except for torque capacity. So it would make sense that opting for a higher-tier feature from a lower-tier feature would mean more $$$...
That's what I meant by my post. The Tremec costs more money so taking it out makes the choice of picking automatic cheaper on the V8 vs the less expensive Aisin unit in the V6 that is being removed.. Even though the auto on the V8 is more robust and more expensive in reality in comparison when comparing parts for parts. That means the tremec must be a pricey piece of hardware.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #22
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Wow this is the first sports car forum I've ever been on where people get offended when you make fun of automatics. Wow.
What do you expect? You just slapped the faces of all who ordered an automatic.....which I bet is more than you think.

A camaro is still a camaro.....auto or manual.....

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....

Last edited by babyjulie83; 11-13-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: i suck at spelling
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #23
turbocrazy

Drives: Cadillac CTS & 2010 BLK SS/RS
Talking

[/QUOTE]Or better yet, why not put the starter in the stick too. There are sensors everywhere, the car KNOWS when it's in neutral. The chances of a manual with a properly installed remote starter driving itself down the street are about the same as an automatic doing that.... NILL. And I sure would like jumping into a warm car in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Remote start in the manual!!! I feel a poll coming.
turbocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #24
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
What do you expect? You just slapped the faces of all who ordered an automatic.....which I bet is more than you think.

I camaro is still a camaro.....auto or manual.....
Agreed. I bought an auto, not because I can't drive a stick, but because I don't want to. A lot of people who will daily drive the car don't want to deal with shifting in rush-hour traffic.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #25
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I still say the manual should have an additional discount for the lack of remote start.
1. i believe there is a discount its in the convenience and connectivity package because that is where the remote start is located under the dealer codes
2. no it won't be in manuals because i could be wrong but i believe its been outlawed in certain states and GM would prefer not to get sued(as would i prefer then not to either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
and some of us have reasons like we live in areas that are not flat roads hills and mountains and if i had a daily driver sure i would get the stick but considering the stopping and the going up and down hills in my area i would rather get the much easier auto with tapshift

yes i can drive stick and it is fun until as stated ^ by erased rush hour roll around
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #26
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post

I camaro is still a camaro.....auto or manual.....

right on girl!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #27
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Don't know why the automatic sportscar is such a big deal lol, for me it is as much a non-issue as picking a color or deciding between leather or cloth seats - simply personal preference. I prefer keeping driving as simple as possible and try to devote my attention to other drivers who may not know what they are doing and could run into me. I also prefer to keep both hands on the wheel as much as possible, and just don't want to keep having to jump over to the shift knob all the time. I am sure it is fun to drive manual, but for me tapshift will be plenty.

And while I am on a rant, maybe a poll filter should be implelented (if the mods don't mind) so that a mod must approve a poll before it is posted so that unnecessary polls are eliminated.
My $.02.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
And while I am on a rant, maybe a poll filter should be implelented (if the mods don't mind) so that a mod must approve a poll before it is posted so that unnecessary polls are eliminated.
My $.02.
+1
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote