Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Get the meth now. You'll save the money in the end because once you install meth, you'll need to retune. What I did, was have the meth installed at the same time as the SC kit. One tune and I was set.

BTW, watch out for that Matt character, I don't think he's all there in the head....
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
Julio is close by Matt who has a very good meth kit for our gen5's! Piling on, Matt is excellent to deal with! I know! My car is there right now and I'm very impressed! Sooooo, like everyone here, go with Matt + meth......
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
meth = lower iat's= more timing= more power!

matt=

you're in good hands at FSP
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
BTW, watch out for that Matt character, I don't think he's all there in the head....
Quote:
matt=
Wow I'm glad I have friends...

jchaluja is correct.. We exclusively use Julio @ Alky Control for all of our methanol kits.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #19
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
So I am very near to pulling the trigger on having Matt from FSP install an ECS SC and swap out my DOD lifters, along with some suspension mods. My only reservation with the installation right now is do I or don't I go with meth, keep in mind I've never had a SC or dealt with meth before.

Can I get some opinions please? Matt has already schooled me a bunch and I do value his opinion but I'd like to hear from actual users and non-user of meth about the pros and cons.

Once I can get this decision made it looks like my car is off to FSP!

Thanks everyone.
Do it, you are going to end up with it regardless so you might as well do it from the start, one tune call it a day

Besides, it is for safety. Whats better then added peace of mind when you are going FI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Meth is good. Matt is good. Matt on Meth is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
meth = lower iat's= more timing= more power!

matt=

you're in good hands at FSP
Exactly, specially the matt being-
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
So I am very near to pulling the trigger on having Matt from FSP install an ECS SC and swap out my DOD lifters, along with some suspension mods. My only reservation with the installation right now is do I or don't I go with meth, keep in mind I've never had a SC or dealt with meth before.

Can I get some opinions please? Matt has already schooled me a bunch and I do value his opinion but I'd like to hear from actual users and non-user of meth about the pros and cons.

Once I can get this decision made it looks like my car is off to FSP!

Thanks everyone.
Sooooooo What are you waiting For???
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Sooooooo What are you waiting For???
Still doing a lot of reading, may just decide to go the CAM route (or maybe both). I'll make a decision by the weekend.

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-22-2013 at 12:00 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Meth = cheap insurance for your motor + more consistent ATI's! I was on the fence in my Vette and once nick @ lethal explained it to me, and the safety's I was sold. Before meth after my 3rd hard pull the car would pull timing, and after it didn't! picked up 100whp though we dialed it back to save the clutch! Lol. Still hit 700whp!! It's a no brainer and will go in my SS once it's blown!

"Once I get blown I'm spraying all over!!" LMFAO!!!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Still doing a lot of reading, may just decide to go the CAM route. I'll make a decision by the weekend.
Trust your Builder, Matt, Follow his advice, let him do his thing and all will be fine.

Nothing wrong with being informed and doing research, the hard part is figuring out What internet Myths are true or false.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Trust your Builder, Matt, Follow his advice, let him do his thing and all will be fine.

Nothing wrong with being informed and doing research, the hard part is figuring out What internet Myths are true or false.

Ted.
I trust Matt, but I am one of those that do not jump into things without knowing all I can. Matt actually said to me once that it's good to see informed customers like me.

For those with meth, is your car a DD or a weekend car? My car is not exactly a DD but is not a high mileage car.

Another question for those in the 500-600 RWHP range, are the stock tires good or will I need to look into something better. Like I said Matt will be doing some PFADT upgrades but I am concerned amount my tires sticking as I don't exactly have a light foot now, I could only imagine afterwards.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
My C6 was a dd. Drove it everywhere! As for the tires it's all how YOU drive! My stock rubber I could downshift to 3rd @ 70mph and do a burn out!! lol
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Trust Matt, I had him put the Meth on when he was with ECS, im at just under 660 to the wheels. Not a DD but a do enjoy it, have had it on for about a year and 8,000 miles....Goes on with a boost setting , so if not in boost then no meth is flowing. As for tires....well, no , the tires are no good hahaha, I have Nittos 295s on the rear and still cut loose in top of second , some times 3rd if its cold out

my vote is METH!!
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
My car was a daily driver, but once gas prices went up I decided to get a junker to do my heavy driving. When you have the meth installed, Matt will explain to you when it kicks in and how it works. My first year with it, i went through 6 gallons of it because I didn't drive hard and was very conservative with it. Tires? That all depends on your right foot. You would be better off with a better tire.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #28
sstampa

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Do it all now if you can afford it. Saves the cost of a re-tune later when you realize how much your car slows down in the summer. The biggest advantage to me is not losing performance in the hot humid Florida air. Air intake temp can run as much as 80 deg cooler = more power.

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, tuned by Fasterproms 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison, 540 rwhp, 1100 rwtq.
sstampa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birm, east coast supercharging, matt @ fsp