Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
The paint has been messed up.

Hey guys,

I have a pretty big problem. Our neighbours were doing some painting to their house, and I'm guessing with the wind, the paint mixed with dust (Kuwait is a dusty place), and that mixture settled all over our cars!! Now, the entire car is rough, including the windows. My friends told me to polish the car, and that should get it fixed. But what about the windows? The color of the car is the same, but it's just not smooth anymore :(. What do I do? I really need your help guys, I'm incredibly pissed and disappointed.

iLLcoolZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLcoolZ View Post
Hey guys,

I have a pretty big problem. Our neighbours were doing some painting to their house, and I'm guessing with the wind, the paint mixed with dust (Kuwait is a dusty place), and that mixture settled all over our cars!! Now, the entire car is rough, including the windows. My friends told me to polish the car, and that should get it fixed. But what about the windows? The color of the car is the same, but it's just not smooth anymore :(. What do I do? I really need your help guys, I'm incredibly pissed and disappointed.

Don't worry, it's easily fixable. A clay bar will take care of that problem easily. Wash the car well, then clay it. It'll take some time and elbow grease, but it'll come out better than new.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Don't worry, it's easily fixable. A clay bar will take care of that problem easily. Wash the car well, then clay it. It'll take some time and elbow grease, but it'll come out better than new.

You know what the problem is, I personally don't know how to use that stuff, so I'm taking to a car wash that does everything related to getting a car clean and detailing, they told me they'll fix it by using that huge spinning brush with polish in order to smoothen it all out. Should that be able to get the job done?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
You know what the problem is, I personally don't know how to use that stuff, so I'm taking to a car wash that does everything related to getting a car clean and detailing, they told me they'll fix it by using that huge spinning brush with polish in order to smoothen it all out. Should that be able to get the job done?
That'll probably do more harm than good. Definitely wouldn't recommend that. It's like using a chainsaw to trim your fingernails.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Oh my god

Don't do that!

Claybar it

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Quote:
That'll probably do more harm than good. Definitely wouldn't recommend that. It's like using a chainsaw to trim your fingernails.

What I meant, is that he'll use a buffer. I'll see what my options are tomorrow, thank you for your help.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Now that's something I would stay away from, you need to use clay and then follow up with polishing to bring it back. Ask them if they know anything about claying a car.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo@Autopia View Post
Now that's something I would stay away from, you need to use clay and then follow up with polishing to bring it back. Ask them if they know anything about claying a car.
I will, I'm gonna pass by another place that's been around for a really long time, they should know what to do. Thank you

Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
If anyone is going to put your car through a machine that flaps at it like a retarded fish or everything is timed by the machine with no human involvement, just walk away. You WILL do more harm than good.

Clay bar is the way to go. It's insanely easy to use. Just spray some clay lube on your car and on your clay bar. Slide it gently on the paint side to side, until you feel the paint go smooth. Repeat and continue. When you see that the clay bar has all these tiny specks in it of contamination, smoosh it all up in your hands a few times until the clay looks clean again (this process is called kneading). When you have finished an area, wipe the clay residue off with a microfiber cloth. It's that simple.

Clay kits (easy to find all over the internet) and probably available in kuwait as well, generally include the clay and clay lube and possibly other things.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Let us know what happens and I been to Kuwait and yes, it's a dirty dusty place that's hard to keep one's car clean there.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:

that is basically the same as sand blasting your car, you have sand grains in the paint, taking a buffer to it will only serve to grind that sand into your paint.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
if you dont want to use the clay bar, theres a thread on here that was pining the awsomness of some liquid cleaner that supposedly worked as well as the clay bar....thread was something like no more clay bars.......should be able to search "clay bar" and find it....might be an option for you
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
if you dont want to use the clay bar, theres a thread on here that was pining the awsomness of some liquid cleaner that supposedly worked as well as the clay bar....thread was something like no more clay bars.......should be able to search "clay bar" and find it....might be an option for you
Really? I don't remember that. I'll have to look it up. I don't know how a liquid could accomplish what clay does, but then, there's a lot of things I don't know.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Really? I don't remember that. I'll have to look it up. I don't know how a liquid could accomplish what clay does, but then, there's a lot of things I don't know.

you did the thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=clay
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote