Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #113
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Fun to speculate- isn't it?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #114
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
First of all, nice internet tough guy stance. Congratulations on acting like a typical internet punk w/ an attitude toward my post for no discernible reason. No decorum at all, just attack people while assuming you know exactly what people are talking about. No warning shots, just all out war w/out declaring first. Is that how it works for you dude?

The point I was making are both the ZR1 & the ZL1 are the top of the food chain as far as each model goes. The SS and the SS w/ the 1LE Performance Package have the same engine but you can only get the 1LE w/ a manual, so what is your point? I don't even know why I'm bothering to clarify my post for you since you never bothered to clarify what I meant before attacking my comment publicly. Maybe you should think a bit before making crude & classless comments dude. Guys like you just kill me, I bet you wouldn't have the nerve to speak to someone in person the way that you word your posts on an anonymous internet forum.

I also never said that the ZL1 was faster than the ZR1, Cylde. I said the auto is faster than the manual. Read it again before you jump to conclusions and down someones throat. I said "Good points, but there also isn't an auto trans on the ZR1 Vette, yet the ZL1 has it (an automatic trans) and it's faster (than the manual)."

Did I specifically spell out which model was which? No, I didn't. I also didn't say ZR1 Corvette and ZL1 Camaro. I foolishly thought most adults would be able to civilly discuss cars they're passionate about on an enthusiast auto forum w/out someone, such as yourself, coming along trying to disect my comments, trying to make me look like a fool in the process, for whatever unknown reason. Silly me, I suppose I won't make the same mistake again. Good work Cylde, you showed me, didn't you?

Show some respect and some tact before posting that kinda garbage.... or at least learn to ask a question about what someone means before you post replies. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't think I want to know you. Please don't come near my home in Disneyland, you aren't welcome as it's the happiest place on earth, whereas you are the angriest person on the internet.
I certainly had no intent to play "internet tough guy". And I certainly responded to exactly what you said as I even quoted you, I did not fabricate your original answer. All that said, perhaps you need to make your answers/explanations clear enough to reflect exactly what you mean rather than hoping everyone is a mind reader and knows what you really meant.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #115
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Could be my little ride with engine lift.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #116
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I AM an alien - from Mars.
Nice. I heard a weasel named Tom lives near there too.

I'm guessing if there is an LS7 camaro it will be released at the Chicago Auto Show. The C7 and new Silverado have both been released now. The ZL1 was introduced in Chicago. The media day is next Thursday. Interesting these photos were leaked exactly 1 week before the Chicago auto show.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #117
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
There is no need...the ZL1 has beefier brakes, because it weighs 400 pounds more than the SS.
The 580HP/556lbs TQ might have something to do with it. I would spring for those brakes on a 1LE if the price is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
OK this just got real!
Or less real, depending on how you read it. I would say we still have a good chance at an LS7 Z28 but I'm less optimistic about this car being one.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #118
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I AM an alien - from Mars.

Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"

We DO test them before you can buy them.

Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?
Are you a yellow robot alien that transforms into a Camaro?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #119
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I want that grille..... Is interesting how it is a V6 front fascia with a mail slot, I am curious as to the grille though, I feel like that could be the give away. But I dont see why they would just now be putting the LS7 into the car for production... 6th gens will be here in what 2015? 2016 at the latest?

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #120
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #121
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCamaroKid View Post
I want that grille..... Is interesting how it is a V6 front fascia with a mail slot, I am curious as to the grille though, I feel like that could be the give away. But I dont see why they would just now be putting the LS7 into the car for production... 6th gens will be here in what 2015? 2016 at the latest?
Same grille and fascia as the SS test mule at the "Ring"

Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #122
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I think the front facia is a cover hiding a new designed. Front end for the. Ls7 model

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #123
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Same grille and fascia as the SS test mule at the "Ring"

Yes I knew I had seen that front end before.

Fun stuff.... I just love all this speculation and ideas throw around!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 PM   #124
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
V6 1le ?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #125
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The 580HP/556lbs TQ might have something to do with it. I would spring for those brakes on a 1LE if the price is right.

Or less real, depending on how you read it. I would say we still have a good chance at an LS7 Z28 but I'm less optimistic about this car being one.
I googled GM Performance exhaust and it looks nothing like what is on that Camaro. It looks like that Camaro was modified for dual mode exhaust. You know, to extract as much power out of the LS7.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #126
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
Except that GM's current four cylinder engines are light years ahead of the Iron Duke, and the LTG variant that's going to go in the next Camaro will produce more than three times the HP and close to two and a half times the torque.
And just like before, the V8 model will have 2x as much of both as the 4 can muster, and will sound 16x better.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote