Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #99
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintendo View Post
Yeah at first I did have that issue. What you need to do is move the head unit on the mounting brackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot Vintendo and cohocarl, one and done!!
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:14 PM   #100
BT96SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS/SS
Installled the PAC with kenwood today.

I installed the PAC with a kenwood 7 inch today. Here's my take on it. The instructions could be better. I ended up taking a couple of extra screws out of the factory than needed. I had to remove the board from the new kit six times because the rubber inserts that are behind the flasher button were shading the led causing the light to not light up the whole flash symbol. I did the cutout just like the pictures on the other posts and routed all the wires down and behind the center console. Taking the radio in and out is a snap since the wires tuck down real nice. My radio also hits the bottom of the kit when opening. If I put any pressure on the kit it opens just fine. Next time I take the radio out I'll probably just file the lower lip of the kit where you can't see it. I had no problem with sound issues. Since the factory radio puts out a high level signal the plug needs to go into non amplifier as discussed earlier. Everything else works perfectly. Hope this helps the next guy. I'm a professional installer and this is one of the most time consuming radios I've installed in a while. Took a couple of hours to get it perfect. Expect a high labor bill at a shop.
BT96SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #101
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT96SS View Post
I installed the PAC with a kenwood 7 inch today. Here's my take on it. The instructions could be better. I ended up taking a couple of extra screws out of the factory than needed. I had to remove the board from the new kit six times because the rubber inserts that are behind the flasher button were shading the led causing the light to not light up the whole flash symbol. I did the cutout just like the pictures on the other posts and routed all the wires down and behind the center console. Taking the radio in and out is a snap since the wires tuck down real nice. My radio also hits the bottom of the kit when opening. If I put any pressure on the kit it opens just fine. Next time I take the radio out I'll probably just file the lower lip of the kit where you can't see it. I had no problem with sound issues. Since the factory radio puts out a high level signal the plug needs to go into non amplifier as discussed earlier. Everything else works perfectly. Hope this helps the next guy. I'm a professional installer and this is one of the most time consuming radios I've installed in a while. Took a couple of hours to get it perfect. Expect a high labor bill at a shop.
I had to dremel a small amount of the kit on the lower lip and lower side as well. I am using the low level to my Bitone.1 so I didn't need to use the high level. I also noticed that if you leave the bottom bezel kit screws out, it drops the bottom down a tad bit, also allowing the face to open freely.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #102
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Not sure if anyone answered this yet....

I installed the PAC Audio with a AVIC 8200NEX and I had the same problem with the amp. If I remember correctly there was a "factory sound system" harness plug and another that were the same exact size. Switch to the other plug and it'll change drastically. I also remember that it was the opposite logic because I did the same exact thing.

Be careful. I had to tweek the crossover big time (if you have one) to not rattle the stock speakers too much. Still sounds amazing compared to stock.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #103
SS Crush

One other question I had before buying..

When I was thinking about buying the PAC Audio setup, I thought it looked "deep" in all the pictures. I was worried that I wouldn't like it.

I was wrong. IMO it is the best factory replacement/upgrade out there if you are looking to keep the factory look. It is not deep at all. The pictures misrepresent.

For anyone out there who does pick this up, it is VERY tight to get it in. I tucked some of the wires up above and the antenna and such on the sides. I removed the center speaker and ran the satellite antenna up there. Great spot, out of the way. I did break two of the clips though on the speaker cover. They would not come out. Eh, cheap fix ...if I care. You don't really see it.

2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier

Last edited by SS Crush; 04-27-2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 04-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #104
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Nice work, Crush! Looks awesome!
Old 04-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #105
SS Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
Nice work, Crush! Looks awesome!
Thanks, it was a labor of love, for sure. Additionally, I installed a rear camera and the total install was over two nights, about 11 hours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #106
jmhenry5150
2011 Camaro Newbie

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS (With RS package)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
I installed the PAC Audio with a AVIC 8200NEX and I had the same problem with the amp. If I remember correctly there was a "factory sound system" harness plug and another that were the same exact size. Switch to the other plug and it'll change drastically. I also remember that it was the opposite logic because I did the same exact thing.

Be careful. I had to tweek the crossover big time (if you have one) to not rattle the stock speakers too much. Still sounds amazing compared to stock.
Can you share your crossover settings?

- J. Michael Henry
jmhenry5150 is offline   Reply With Quote