Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Custom Hood Question

I am looking into buying a custom hood for my '10 2SS/RS RJT ... Ive been playing with ideas on hoods, so first how does a hood like this work ... http://www.southerncarparts.com/cama...od-p-2642.html ... shoudlnt water be draining right into your engine bay? and dirt?

also, that hood is fully carbon fiber, if i were to get that and paint only portions of the hood leaving other portions of carbon fiber exposed... do you think it is possible to match the RJT color relatively exact, or does painting on top of carbon fiber make no difference?

(Side note: definitely gonna buy http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020chcat2fr.html with the LED lights ... therefore my mailslot will be gone [didnt want doubt mailslot] so if anyone has other custom hood recommendations im all ears )

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Water will be drainging right into your engine bay with this hood. Simple answer, don't drive your car in the florida hurricanes.

I have a cf hood with just a clear coat over the carbon fiber. The rest of the hood is painted IBM to match my car. It matches exactly. There is no difference in painting it, aside from maybe technique. It will come out looking exactly the same.

I'm kind of biased, but I love my hood. (RK Sport Ram Air with carbon fiber blister). Ram air is functional, and it has 2 functional heat extractors also. =)

Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Water will be drainging right into your engine bay with this hood. Simple answer, don't drive your car in the florida hurricanes.

I have a cf hood with just a clear coat over the carbon fiber. The rest of the hood is painted IBM to match my car. It matches exactly. There is no difference in painting it, aside from maybe technique. It will come out looking exactly the same.

I'm kind of biased, but I love my hood. (RK Sport Ram Air with carbon fiber blister). Ram air is functional, and it has 2 functional heat extractors also. =)

How ironic... that is actually my current number 1 hood I am thinking of getting.... with the carbon fiber blister of course....

The hood i first posted is currently my #2... but I still dont get why anyone would buy a hood if you cant drive the car in the rain (unless you collect cars or something)... so what exactly will happen with that first hood in the rain as rain here in FL is highly unpredictable