Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #6665
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Got my ported throttle body installed today! Feels a lot better on take-off and feels so much smoother through the entire RPM range.
Attached Images

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #6666
gahammerle

When I took the intake hose off though, I noticed some nasty oil collecting in there. :(
Attached Images

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #6667
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Time to update the sig!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #6668
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
When I took the intake hose off though, I noticed some nasty oil collecting in there. :(

Guess that catch can isn't being as efficient as it could be.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #6669
gahammerle

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwinning View Post
Guess that catch can isn't being as efficient as it could be.
The catch can only catches on the dirty side. The oil in the intake tube is from the clean side. I would have to either add a can on the clean side or put in a breather.

Find me on Facebook:
Old 08-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #6670
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
I got you, that make perfect sense.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #6671
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Just trade that POS off. It's easier PLUS you get the tax break on the new car.

Selling for $32,000 is the same as trading for $29,700! If they are giving you that to begin with, why dick with trying to sell it?

Keep that in mind! What ya looking at?
I'm not trying that hard, so I anticipate trading it in... haha.

I'm going to pick up a ZL-1 unless I get impressed enough with the price and stats of the 2013 vette, which I think more legitimate information should be available about the same time as the ZL-1. Dealership said I should be able to order the ZL-1 as of jan 1!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #6672
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Got my ported throttle body installed today! Feels a lot better on take-off and feels so much smoother through the entire RPM range.
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #6673
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
I usually only make it to Harrison on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The rest of the time I work at home in Lebanon. I work at the place on the other side of the gravel pit from the high & jr high schools.

Where was the white Camaro? I haven't seen any other Camaros in Harrison.
Up by the 74W ramp by the main drag. It was in the far right lane so could have been getting on... I was going down toward the Walgreens, Drive Thru, etc. I get my hair cut at a little salon called Chadwick's, right by the drivethru. I don't know the street name but you might know where I'm talking about.

Maybe he was a visitor like me. Once I get off the main strip there, I'm kinda lost... though I think I know where you work because one of my exes lives/works in Harrison. I've probably been by there.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #6674
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:

Ick! Makes me think I better get a catch can sooner than I anticipated. Or just keep an eye on my intake setup. Have read about a few v6ers having this issue!!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #6675
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Win!

What's up everyone!

So I won my first ever race this weekend. I won 1st in my class. I also beat a Pontiac v6. Exciting stuff. Pics to come soon.

In other news: Got my spoiler, exhaust, and blacked out everything. Still waiting on my tips to come in the mail!
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #6676
gahammerle

Congrats! I guess you've figured out how to drive the manual.

Now you need to take your students on a field trip on Oct 5 and join us at Mid-Ohio.

Find me on Facebook:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #6677
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Agree!!
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6678
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
I'm not trying that hard, so I anticipate trading it in... haha.

I'm going to pick up a ZL-1 unless I get impressed enough with the price and stats of the 2013 vette, which I think more legitimate information should be available about the same time as the ZL-1. Dealership said I should be able to order the ZL-1 as of jan 1!
Saw a Rally Yellow with Black stripes yesterday on Cox...wasn't you, was it?

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?