Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #29
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
I bought an LS at first with some different wheels and had fog lights installed for a couple hundred bucks. A different set of wheels is really nice and the fog lights looked so much better that those stupid plastic inserts. If you don't wanna fork up the money for the RS, it isn't a bad way to go. But if you can afford it, go with the RS. Not having the spoiler kinda sucks too.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #30
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izach26 View Post
You sure about the Suspension?? I thought the RS was totally A Apperance Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
+1
I had to upgrade my car to the FE3 suspension (SS Suspension). The sways, Springs, shocks and struts were all different.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
JFerraro819

Drives: 2011 camaro lt rs
rs is a must for anyone buying the camaro for looks.
JFerraro819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
live2drive

Drives: 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
I am thinking about adding a 2LT to my garage, but without the RS package due to the 20" summer tires. The vehicle will be a daily driver, 365 days rain or shine. It will not sit in the garage during inclement weather. Therefore, the standard set of 19" all season tires will do just fine. Also, they are less expensive to replace than a set of 20's.

Here are the tire descriptions as provided by GM:

- 19" all-season touring tires, You'll enjoy the smooth, quiet ride and good grip on wet or dry pavement that touring tires provide with these P245/50R19 blackwalls. Their all-season rating eliminates the hassle of annual tire change.

- 20" summer tires, You'll feel the difference in ride, handling and overall performance with these slightly larger, P245/45R20 (front) and P275/40R20 (rear) blackwall summer tires. Although not intended for 4-season use, they provide superb grip on dry, warm-weather pavement.

Just my .02. Get what you can afford and will fit your needs.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
I am thinking about adding a 2LT to my garage, but without the RS package due to the 20" summer tires. The vehicle will be a daily driver, 365 days rain or shine. It will not sit in the garage during inclement weather. Therefore, the standard set of 19" all season tires will do just fine. Also, they are less expensive to replace than a set of 20's.

Here are the tire descriptions as provided by GM:

- 19" all-season touring tires, You'll enjoy the smooth, quiet ride and good grip on wet or dry pavement that touring tires provide with these P245/50R19 blackwalls. Their all-season rating eliminates the hassle of annual tire change.

- 20" summer tires, You'll feel the difference in ride, handling and overall performance with these slightly larger, P245/45R20 (front) and P275/40R20 (rear) blackwall summer tires. Although not intended for 4-season use, they provide superb grip on dry, warm-weather pavement.

Just my .02. Get what you can afford and will fit your needs.

Agree get what you can afford

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #34
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izach26 View Post
Agree get what you can afford

Agreed, thats what I did. I got the LT with full intentions of modding up the other things that I wanted when I could afford them. Nothing wrong with that!
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #35
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Here's our LS, We don't mind missing a few bells and whistles
Attached Images

cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznls View Post
Here's our LS, We don't mind missing a few bells and whistles
No Foggies??? Ride lookzzz sweet bro

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
The RS package is very worth it.

I think its about 1500 more. If you wanted to add the RS type stuff later, you would spend THOUSANDS more. The headlights alone are about 800, the fogs a few hundred more, and the wheels, well a few grand including the 20 inch Perellis, and 3-400 more for painted spoiler, and you still dont get the roof ditch, the speed limiter change, and the real right to call it an RS.
Depends on your dealer. With mine, if you want ANY upgraded package, they load it up so much that you might as well by an SS. I got the LS, and used the money to make mine unique.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #38
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
lol really? It's kinda funny how every time someone talks about the LS speed limiter, someone has to jump in and accuse that person of wanting to street race or drive recklessly on the streets. I can think of several reasons why a person could want one without wanting to drive recklessly.

Here's my reason. I want to properly dyno my car to get the baseline without having to run into the speed limiter (which I will if I do a pull in fourth gear). Can I do it in third? Sure, but I've read on here and how it seems to give erratic results for some folks. I plan on modding my car and it would be nice to see how the results stack up.

If we go by your reasoning of how we shouldn't go over the speed limit, then all cars should be limited to whatever the highest speed limit of their country is. I notice that you list the c5 as your ride. I'm going to assume that you mean the corvette. Would you have been fine if that was limited to 65mph? I doubt it.

I wasn't whining about the speed limiter. Just stating that I did not know about it prior to purchase. It's part of the reason why I mention it whenever I post on the "should I get a RS" thread, so that others can know about it and make their decision accordingly. I can even understand why they did it for the LS.

Hit the speed limiter at 119 threw my numbers off some.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
Wasn't trying to attack you or anything. It just seemed like what you posted summarized what most people were saying.

I agree with you in that if you want everything that comes along with the RS package as aftermarket install on the LS, it WILL cost more. I was trying to stress more along the idea that if OP wants to add only specific parts, it would be cheaper to go LS.

For example, I went with the LS because while I would have liked the halos and HIDs, the rest of the RS package wasn't worth it for me (did not know about the speed limiter at the time) and I knew I would be able to add halos and HIDs aftermarket for a cheaper price than the cost difference.

Also as others mentioned here, it is mostly just an appearance package. It doesn't really come with performance parts (aside from the z-rated tires and a speed limiter to match) and I figured that if I was going to spend $3k+ it would rather go towards those parts.

The great thing about these types of cars is that it has lots of options that the buyer can make to make it uniquely theirs and I think that is a plus for the OP, whether it be going factory installed or aftermarket.

I agree, if you dont want or like the RS stuff and would rather add your own, then yes, getting an LS is the way to go. No reason to buy an RS only to put a different spoiler on and replace the wheels, etc.

My point was simply, if you want the RS stuff, it would be cheaper to buy an RS then buy all the bits individually .

I actually toyed with the idea of getting an LS and then spending the extra money on picking my own wheels etc. But, at least according to my dealer, RJT isnt an option with the LS, so I had to go LT, and since I did, I got the RS. Flow me actually, it was the headlights, to me, they look so much better. I did not go 2lt because I knew I wanted to do some custom interior work anyway. The HUD would have been nice, but, more of a novelty.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an LS. You still get a great looking car, and if you are into modding, its a good blank canvas to make your work of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #40
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
Okay I have another questions:

Lets say I get a 2010 LS Camaro..(since its more in my budget), would I be able to install the same body kits as I would to a 2010 1LT camaro?

For example, if I get a 2010 LS camaro, can I install this body kit to it?

http://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cama...zzi-91588.html

Last edited by McSleepyx9; 04-04-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Upgrade
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #41
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSleepyx9 View Post
Okay I have another questions:

Lets say I get a 2010 LS Camaro..(since its more in my budget), would I be able to install the same body kits as I would to a 2010 1LT camaro?

For example, if I get a 2010 LS camaro, can I install this body kit to it?

http://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cama...zzi-91588.html
Yes you can because its for the V6 model which covers LS-LT trims
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #42
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
Can I also add the same headlights that the 1LT/RS has? Like thoose halo rings headlights? Or something very similar to it?
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 chevy camaro ls lt rs v6