Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 11-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Left bank O2 Sensor for sale?

My O2 sensor went out on my left bank and I am running very rich in result of the malfunction. Since they run fairly expensive (120-ish) I was wanting to see if anyone has an extra one laying around they would be willing to sell via paypal?

Thanks everyone!
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes'Camaro View Post
My O2 sensor went out on my left bank and I am running very rich in result of the malfunction. Since they run fairly expensive (120-ish) I was wanting to see if anyone has an extra one laying around they would be willing to sell via paypal?

Thanks everyone!
Do you want it for the upstream or downstream? Front or rear on left side?
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
c_LoW29

regardless you can get a new denso online pretty cheap. I have been running a denso and have had no issues. If you have longtube headers make sure you tie strap the cable away from the header that is how my sensors went bad the first time

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/oxy...et/camaro.html
Old 11-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Out of curiosity...does this throw a code and you know?

Or can you have a bad sensor, run richer than it should according to your JRE tune and throw no code? Get what I mean?

Sorry for heading off course here...but I'm running quite rich also...
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
GhostSS10

Drives: 2011 2ss cyber grey
pm sent
GhostSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
c_LoW29

it usually throws a code in the p0171 range
Old 11-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Hey Gent's sorry about the delayed response. I am throwing code P0449 (I believe, that's right off my head) which says "Left Bank O2 sensor fouled/inop/something" which makes since, because according to my spark plugs and exhaust tips, I am running very rich on the left bank/drivers side.
C_low29-I have long tubes and I did tie the sensor wires away from the tubes and it was still tied up safe and sound as of about a month ago.

Heres where I have a question. I think it's my upstream O2 sensor, but how do I make sure before I order the wrong one? (I will be rechecking my SCT tuner tonight to see if it says which one)
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote