Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
F.M.T. Camber/Caster Plates review

I WAS NOT PAID TO WRITE THIS REVIEW. I JUST WANTED TO GIVE MY OPINION ON THE PRODUCT AND THE COMPANY.

I visited their shop. Very nice facility and the CNC machines they have are awesome! They are very friendly and showed me around the shop with full access, these guys are top notch. Not hiding anything, they want their customers to see what they are getting and where it comes from. I found that very refreshing since most places subout the work to a machine shop or overseas.

The camber plates are very nice high quality pieces. They are easy to adjust and you don't need to drill any holes in your car, which I liked.

Pros: the car feels a lot better since you can give it a little more caster which helps at higher speed and give you additional camber when turning but not going straight. No more popping sounds like the stock mounts do since they can move around going over bumps and pot holes. Able to adjust the caster and camber easily is the major advantage obviously.

Cons: I do have some noise going over hard bumps but that's expected since this is a solid mount and there is no rubber to absorb some of that shock and noise.

I think it's better than the stock mounts but I am being fair and writing my experience and thoughts. Granted some of the noise could be the coilovers since I had a similar noise with the stock mounts and my coilovers.

I have had them on my car for 3-4 weeks now and I am very happy with my purchase. Great product and I would recommend them to anyone. I drive on some pretty crappy roads and they have not moved at all.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. When it's not freezing out I will get some pictures of the product installed.

I also have to say thank you to Adam, one of the owners who offered to help install the product. These guys truly are an awesome company and will go out of their way to help you.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Thanks again for the kind words! I'm glad you are happy with them, all of the ones I have gotten feedback on everyone has appreciated the extra caster they were able to get. They do add a little noise to the front, but hey, RACECAR!!!!
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
They do add some noise but they also eliminate noise, so I think it's an even trade off.

Thanks again!