Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #71
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up Be sure

and have her Google: Japan used slave labor to build Prius

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6259...-go/page2.html
Daytona Sunset Orange 06 C6 Waiting for C7
2005 Sunset Orange Colorado Replaced with 2010 GMC Sierra SLE
fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #72
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
A Silverado, F-150, AND a Ram.

I'm so mean....shame on me.
When I was in the Army, there was a guy that once said: "I just want a girl that I can fit in my truck!"
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #73
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
twiggy is cute...
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #74
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
I'm wondering what it would take to tow #3.
<---------------------Cummins Power

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #75
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
That makes me think of the sayings, hauling ass and sucking gas. And then there is the one from the 1970's, nuke their ass and take their gas. I have been thinking about making that one into a bumper sticker again. The environmental wakos will love that! Also, remember what that radical psycology professor at Berkley told her class. "The reason men eat red meat is to show their dominance over women.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:55 AM   #76
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
While this sounds like a great way to break up and potentially change the way she thinks, this also sounds like it wouldn't fit with the goals of the person who is dating her. He wouldn't post this concern about her environmental opinions if he didn't care about her.

At the same time, if you're dating someone with different political opinions, it is always important to make sure that tolerance goes both ways. If you can eat her veggies and go to rallies or whatever she wants you to do, then she has to tolerate that you have opinions and desires that will disagree. If you're okay with her dominating your life, then all is good, but I wouldn't make any major sacrifices for someone that wouldn't make the same ones for me.
I do hear what you're saying. But the whole point of my post was for the younger guys out there to not be, "kitty cat whipped." When guys are younger they always want to put the hot chicks on some kind of pedestal. And there is no need for it. Don't get me wrong, I love women! In fact, over the years most of my closest friends have been gals, not guys. However, as time has gone on, it's become very clear that women REALLY DO THINK DIFFERENTLY than men!!! And it has very little if anything to do with political views, but everything to do with the fact that women are wired differently than men.

For example, when a gal asks you what you think, she really doesn't want you to speak, she just wants you to LISTEN. In the short amount of time there is to spend on this post, I could never get into explaining things in any easily understandable way. However, I will add this. Over the years I've learned alot about what women really want, and it's not always compatible with what men might be looking for. Also, I can honestly say that I've helped more than one of my women friends keep their marriage going and growing! And yet I've helped other gals, not with marriage, but with life in general, and all because I LISTEN and DON'T JUDGE 'EM when they tell me things. (And what things they tell...!!!)

Here's one other little tip for you guys out there. Even if the gal you're interested in is a very strong, confident, assertive woman, more times than not SHE WANTS A MAN TO TAKE CHARGE of whatever the situation is, (in general). Yep, LISTEN to her, don't JUDGE her, make her LAUGH, and at times TELL HER THE WAY IT IS! I know there are going to be some women that aren't going to like that last one, but it's true...even if they don't consciously know it!!!

There are very real differences between men and women...but that's what makes it so special. And if you find a good woman that you really get along with, count your blessings and don't screw it up looking for something somewhere else!!!

So ends tonight's lesson...good night.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #77
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
I do hear what you're saying. But the whole point of my post was for the younger guys out there to not be, "kitty cat whipped." When guys are younger they always want to put the hot chicks on some kind of pedestal. And there is no need for it. Don't get me wrong, I love women! In fact, over the years most of my closest friends have been gals, not guys. However, as time has gone on, it's become very clear that women REALLY DO THINK DIFFERENTLY than men!!! And it has very little if anything to do with political views, but everything to do with the fact that women are wired differently than men.

For example, when a gal asks you what you think, she really doesn't want you to speak, she just wants you to LISTEN. In the short amount of time there is to spend on this post, I could never get into explaining things in any easily understandable way. However, I will add this. Over the years I've learned alot about what women really want, and it's not always compatible with what men might be looking for. Also, I can honestly say that I've helped more than one of my women friends keep their marriage going and growing! And yet I've helped other gals, not with marriage, but with life in general, and all because I LISTEN and DON'T JUDGE 'EM when they tell me things. (And what things they tell...!!!)

Here's one other little tip for you guys out there. Even if the gal you're interested in is a very strong, confident, assertive woman, more times than not SHE WANTS A MAN TO TAKE CHARGE of whatever the situation is, (in general). Yep, LISTEN to her, don't JUDGE her, make her LAUGH, and at times TELL HER THE WAY IT IS! I know there are going to be some women that aren't going to like that last one, but it's true...even if they don't consciously know it!!!

There are very real differences between men and women...but that's what makes it so special. And if you find a good woman that you really get along with, count your blessings and don't screw it up looking for something somewhere else!!!

So ends tonight's lesson...good night.
These are all very good points, and many of us when younger had to learn from experience some of the truths you posted right here. There are in fact real differences between men and women. Not everyone wants to believe it, but the fact is that these differences make us who we are.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #78
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
tell her that forcing other people to be green is just another way to take away personal liberty and is a scam run by people who aim to profit from green "initiatives"
+1 x infinity. ")
Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #79
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
It's always hard to convince hippies like that of our rational reasons for owning a performance V8. I usually get "Have fun killing the environment maaaaaan.", or "Nature is our last sanctum from conformity maaaaaaaaan and you're killing it." Just basic crap like that. Who cares what a bunch of stoner tards have to say? Have fun with your gas-guzzling, nature-killing Camaro.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #80
Hooy
Will Drive For Food

Drives: Acura TL
Just for clarification guys - She's a very reasonable person. We have good, nonhostile, polite conversation. It's all good. Plus, I went to the Houston auto show with her and it was great.
Hooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #81
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
It's always hard to convince hippies like that of our rational reasons for owning a performance V8. I usually get "Have fun killing the environment maaaaaan.", or "Nature is our last sanctum from conformity maaaaaaaaan and you're killing it." Just basic crap like that. Who cares what a bunch of stoner tards have to say? Have fun with your gas-guzzling, nature-killing Camaro.
So what happens when a reasonable fellow car enthusiast encourages you to go green because the technology is capable of putting up the same numbers? With research and development, we could be seeing some more Tesla Roadsters out there smacking our gas-guzzlers. With more production capacity, we could see competitive pricing for technology that refills at power outlets.

My case is that I'll do without gas when something else outperforms it. I encourage this because I want as much power as possible, and gas may not be the way to make it happen. Until I can afford a monstrously powerful alternative fuel vehicle that competes with gas-powered cars, I will drive gas.

Maybe that's just me. Maybe some enthusiasts will cling to petrol until the end of time. That's great for them. I want the technology that has the most potential. If I can make more power per my investment from puppy smiles, I'll be driving a puppy smile-powered car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote