Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2014, 01:37 AM   #57
pistol_pete

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I feel the same way about the 2014 refresh: I HATE IT! It totally sucks because I want to buy a Camaro. :(
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:41 AM   #58
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Orange stripes on white is one of my favorites as well.
Attached Images

Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:49 AM   #59
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
There are SOOOOOO many things you can do to make the car stand out and look aggressive... I just put on a VIS Racing AMS carbon fiber hood and it looks absolutely killer... it looks so beyond aggressive now! and I only have the v6 front fascia!! I also just ordered the Z/28 (blade) spoiler off of ebay to make the rear a little more aggressive! I also have fatty 5 inch tips out the back and I have to say it really sets the rear of the car off!
NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #60
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
hahaha ..... GM changed the taillights only to cut cost because they wouldn't have to make two sets of taillights ! We all know 69 taillights and those aren't 69's on the 14's , only shaped similar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
Where did you buy the tail light covers? Does gts have a website you can order them from or are they sold online? Thank you everyone for sharing the pictures! I'm loving this! Getting some ideas if I keep the car. Thanks again! I really appreciate it! Keep the ideas and pics coming.
got them off ebay but their website is http://www.gtstyling.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
I feel the same way about the 2014 refresh: I HATE IT! It totally sucks because I want to buy a Camaro. :(
all you haters (a.k.a. jealous people) need to get over this, the refresh has been out over a year and isnt just going to go away. if you want a Camaro and dont like the 14's BUY A USED ONE! or... you could do us all a favor and buy a Mustang instead...

I bet most of the 14 hatrs hate the 6th gen too cause it doesnt look like a 10-13 5th gen...

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #61
rlg2014SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Red Hot
I have a 2014 2SS red hot and I love it, color is awesome and I love everything about, added kooks headers and a borla atak catback and tune and what a difference just them mods made. I know everyone likes something different but I love the 2014 front and rear looks so much more awesome however I don't like white or black . Know black does stand out but shows everything and white well just plain but the red stripes do look better , I put hood spears on mine with cut outs SS 6.2L because mine has the hood scoop. I just think if you had a more stand out color you would like it better . Check mine out but everybody likes something a little different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlg2014SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #62
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post

all you haters (a.k.a. jealous people) need to get over this, the refresh has been out over a year and isnt just going to go away. if you want a Camaro and dont like the 14's BUY A USED ONE! or... you could do us all a favor and buy a Mustang instead...

I bet most of the 14 hatrs hate the 6th gen too cause it doesnt look like a 10-13 5th gen...

But it is amusing to hear grown men whine...
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:42 AM   #63
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I can't see the rear end while I'm driving. And when I'm not driving it I'm living my life.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #64
babymandm

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Norcalstorm: do you have any pictures of your car you could share? I would love to see it!

Dmginc: thanks for the ebay link. Will check them out.

Rig2014ss: where do I go to see your pictures? I'm new to the forum, so I don't know my way around too well yet.

Thank you again everyone for sharing your pics and opinions. I didn't realize there were so many things I could do to my car. But in all honesty, the money it will cost me to do all the things to make it stand out more, may cost as much as it would to trade it in. I just don't know. I would love to get an SS, but the last time I had a V8 was with my 2002. This sound crazy, but I have a fear that it would be a little too powerful for me, I have a heavy foot and that was my fear when I bought the 2014. I was just about to say yes to an SS and I chickened outt. My husband thinks I would wreck it. Are the SS 'a that string? Should've test drove it, but I didn't.
babymandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 AM   #65
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
ok, now i just looked at the front, and i hate it too, along with the color, hood, exhaust, radio, wheels, shifter, steering wheel, dash, seats....sorry folks, had a out of body experience, thought i was a 10-13 owner
Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #66
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by oustaz View Post
2010-2013 are by far the best looking camaros, buying a 14 has never crossed my mind, hate the front and these taillights
And buying a 10-13 never crossed my mind... I saw the '14 and with the changes they made, I loved the look so I got one.
Point is, everyone has their own style and opinion of what they like. Nothing is ever wrong, it is your own preference.
To the OP, if you don't like it, change it. I am not sure why you were rushed into getting it in the first place without really looking at the car, but that is your issue. If your not happy with the car, you will not treat it as well, keep it up as well, etc.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #67
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
Awwww.... Did the idea of buying a 10-13 ever come to mind?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #68
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
I absolutely love the back of the new camaro. The front looks better than the 10-13, especially so.

Don't think I'm the only one, but I may be a bit biased.

At first I thought I'd hate the back, but I love it! Super retro bring back.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #69
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The 14 being a Camaro is well a you have to love it deal...it has all the upgrades made through the years. Modifying it with say reverse hockey stripes and a full set of twin stripes from front to rear is something I would do, also wheels that say look at me, and a different color heritage grill or high lights !!! My wife hates white, and so frankly do I but hey its sure able to be modified with any accent color you desire, heck you could even pearl it or paint it..... I Have a boss I work with whose wife just bought one of those 14 spring edition SS and it looks nice with the ground effects and dual mode and all.... Sure I prefer my 13, but hey on that car I would take the tail lights and do some blackout and pen stripping to make it a true rectangular shape and paint it so it does not go around the edge of the rear by painting part of the tail light body color and then adding stripes to make the tail light sectioned as in more of a retro RS front light from the day. The front end is pretty nice on a 14+ so messing with it is just a rebadge and maybe painting parts of the grill that is just black plastic to body color so its not so noticeable that its not really grill there. Subjective taste is was has been and will always be in the eye of the beholder.
MAKING THE MOST OF WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FOR A PLATFORM IS WHAT HOTRODDING IS ALL ABOUT. Trust me you can find and install graphics cheaper yourself with not too much difficulty and be happy with the car, heck you could even go nuts and two tone the thing..... The bottom line is that you make it your own and vest yourself in it over time, And never plan on getting the money you spend on mods out of a car when you go to sell it if you do...I have made a lot of old chevy hot rods over the decades.... My 2011 Camaro I owned for over a year 2ss/rs vert ....Zero mods, traded for the color I wanted with all the options I wanted and I am at 550+ h.p. now, custom wheels, custom this and that and still going strong on my build but it will end someday as its a daily driver and I will always have my eyes open for the next best thing to put on it...like say a vararam intake to make it to 600 h.p. + and Have to been wanting to do a look alike to a 2011 sema car look the red flash with the stock ground effects twin stripes and high wing spoiler....Ditch the hot wheels ...Barf......
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...h-ar99280.html

There is info everywhere and multiple places to buy things and sometimes the prices are way different for the same quality so shop around and make it your own!!!! then you will Love it because you took that ugly red headed step child and dressed it proper!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #70
jonseyss

Drives: 2013 ZL1--Mods...who needs 'em
Don't waste your time and money, trade it for one you'll be happy with.
jonseyss is offline   Reply With Quote