Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
NB0608sd

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Any tunes available?

I was searching around online and found this one performance chip from Bulldog and I was wondering how much I would gain from it. Has anyone here used it?
NB0608sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
dont use chips....get a blank SCT tuner and get a custom
tune emailed to you, or get a dyno tune if their's a tuner
around you...and if your gonna tune it you should also
get a CAI and possibly a ported 90mm TB.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
KD Innovations

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2009 CTS-V
This car is not like tuning a C5 Z06 in that getting it right is going to require a higher level of tuning finese and data at hand. Mail order tuning is a bad idea for this supercharged monster. It may drive ok with say an airbox and hand held tune but what was really provided in the mail order tune in the qurestion. Probably nothing of value except turning on the fans sooner, adding or removing a small % of fuel and pulling a degree of timing. What does the commanded AFR actually read and how close it is to KR? Also, with an A6, you will not have much luck getting it to shift with a good amount of mods using a canned tune.

At a minumum you need a wide band on the car and the ability to data log.
KD Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB0608sd View Post
I was searching around online and found this one performance chip from Bulldog and I was wondering how much I would gain from it. Has anyone here used it?
Yes sir, JRE offers Custom Email Tuning for this Platform as well as Many others, Check around the forums about JRE Custom Tuning, the Feedback is all Positive.

I have a Very Long History of custom tuning and Guarantee I can Provide you with the Best Tuning Available.

Purchase an SCT tuning Device from JRE and the Tune is FREE for simple bolt ons like CAI and Cat back, further modifications will carry fees ONLY if purchased elsewhere.

Purchase your Performance Parts from JRE and Tuning for those parts is FREE.

JRE offer s Complete Line of Performance Parts for the ZL-1 Platform from mild to Wild.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote