Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #57
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
When I read this I was like "What...the F ???? They are fixing your car by blowing it up???"

EOD to me means 'Explosive Ordnance Disposal'
That's funny. in the corporate zombie world EOD means "End of Day" :big grin:
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #58
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Everytime I read stories like this I get so pissed! I'm sorry to hear this OP. Good luck!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #59
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
Quote:
I wish the world were like Burt Reynolds movies, and you could do that.

But today that is called "assault", and I will lose my license to carry a concealed firearm if I do that.

Yes, somebody deserves a beatdown. But there will be no repercussions and nobody will ever be held accountable.
Im not sure how accurate this statement is. I pretty sure you have the right to lay a swift ass kicking to anyone damaging your property. You might have to put up a small sign that says "beware, touching my shit will result in a drubbing," but cops are people and as long as you aren't kicking the shit out of kids or old people then i think they are going to take your side. That being said cops are also dicks, and they may just take you to jail. My advise beat them when no one is around to testify.

sources: the internet
Old 06-30-2014, 12:22 AM   #60
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnarmedMan View Post
Im not sure how accurate this statement is. I pretty sure you have the right to lay a swift ass kicking to anyone damaging your property. You might have to put up a small sign that says "beware, touching my shit will result in a drubbing," but cops are people and as long as you aren't kicking the shit out of kids or old people then i think they are going to take your side. That being said cops are also dicks, and they may just take you to jail. My advise beat them when no one is around to testify.

You can very much use physical force to defend property. Here's the law for Arizona, I assume whatever state the OP is in that it is very similar.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....13&DocType=ARS
Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #61
swiftdog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
You can very much use physical force to defend property. Here's the law for Arizona, I assume whatever state the OP is in that it is very similar.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....13&DocType=ARS
Bad assumption when it comes to the great state of Massachusetts, which is where the OP is from.

You can use physical force. But if you are brought to court by the party you used said force on and lose, there is no chance of getting your LTC renewed.

I live in MA myself. It almost takes an act of congress to get an LTC in the first place, let alone a carry / conceal permit. It's up to the PD in the town you live in and there are no state standards so it's left to the whims of the licensing officer. The best the vast majority of law abiding citizens get in this state is a permit with hunting / target shooting restriction.

I couldn't get a carry conceal in my hometown. I have no police record and my old man was a cop for 40 years. Licensing officer flat out told me "I will never give anyone in this town a carry / conceal permit."

Unfortunately, beating the snot out of whoever keyed the car, while satisfying, is way more hassle than it's worth.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #62
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Repaint the car.
Apply faux key scratch stickers at night.
Remove stickers in the morning.
Repeat until your residence isn't a "complex".
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #63
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdog01 View Post
Bad assumption when it comes to the great state of Massachusetts, which is where the OP is from.

You can use physical force. But if you are brought to court by the party you used said force on and lose, there is no chance of getting your LTC renewed.

I live in MA myself. It almost takes an act of congress to get an LTC in the first place, let alone a carry / conceal permit. It's up to the PD in the town you live in and there are no state standards so it's left to the whims of the licensing officer. The best the vast majority of law abiding citizens get in this state is a permit with hunting / target shooting restriction.

I couldn't get a carry conceal in my hometown. I have no police record and my old man was a cop for 40 years. Licensing officer flat out told me "I will never give anyone in this town a carry / conceal permit."

Unfortunately, beating the snot out of whoever keyed the car, while satisfying, is way more hassle than it's worth.
Oh, I agree, definitely other ways to go about it, violence is rarely the answer unless you feel as though your well being is threatened.

The answer to your problems: Move to AZ where CCW is no longer required and anyone can carry concealed without a permit (not including all the exclusions like felons, etc.).
Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #64
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I have recruited one of the local kids. He's already reported some things to me. Based on what he said this morning and what management told me yesterday and the fact that a car had its back window smashed here last night, it seems likely it's actually possible this is a known person that lives here, not one of the kids. There could be a path to remedying this through management: kick the person out.

But to put it in a nutshell, if I see somebody vandalizing my car and I tell them to stop, and they don't, instigating violence is lose/lose. I would dearly love to break some teeth but that's no-go. That's the world of 2014 and I don't like it any more than anybody else, but as my good cousin put it earlier:

"Unfortunately, beating the snot out of whoever keyed the car, while satisfying, is way more hassle than it's worth."

And BTW Paul, your 2SS is keeping me out of Factory Collision this week. I was down there yesterday. Is it bad that they know my name without telling them? Third time I've had a car down there recently- my GXP rear-ended on Xmas eve in 2011, last year my 1SS was keyed, next week my 1SS for another key-job.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #65
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnarmedMan View Post

I am
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #66
swiftdog01

Quote:
I have recruited one of the local kids. He's already reported some things to me. Based on what he said this morning and what management told me yesterday and the fact that a car had its back window smashed here last night, it seems likely it's actually possible this is a known person that lives here, not one of the kids. There could be a path to remedying this through management: kick the person out.

But to put it in a nutshell, if I see somebody vandalizing my car and I tell them to stop, and they don't, instigating violence is lose/lose. I would dearly love to break some teeth but that's no-go. That's the world of 2014 and I don't like it any more than anybody else, but as my good cousin put it earlier:

"Unfortunately, beating the snot out of whoever keyed the car, while satisfying, is way more hassle than it's worth."

And BTW Paul, your 2SS is keeping me out of Factory Collision this week. I was down there yesterday. Is it bad that they know my name without telling them? Third time I've had a car down there recently- my GXP rear-ended on Xmas eve in 2011, last year my 1SS was keyed, next week my 1SS for another key-job.
Sorry, cuz :(

Don't feel bad. I've been there three times with my 2SS. Once for when the tree branch dented the roof, once from when I was a dumb** and scraped the back bumper and this time for the stripes and front bumper. We should get a repeat business discount!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #67
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Maybe a family discount too
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #68
swiftdog01

I'll inquire about the discount when I pick her up tomorrow!