Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Keep practicing and taking the advice from the guys here who know what they are talking about, you'll get there, street to DR's take some getting used to.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
Nope, your clutch should be OK. What happened is your clutch fluid got hot. Look into a clutch reservoir seperating kit.

And realistically. You need a little more then just a roll out burnout. Ill look for one of my videos

*edit* here is a decent shot of how I warm them up. We suffer from poor track prep.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
Now that is a burnout! I need to get comfortable braking and pushing on the accelerator with my right foot. I already have the separate reservoir with good fluid. Fluid still looks clean. Car has 4,000 miles.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #17
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
I have the relocation kit and have not put it on. I just don't see how this would help the problem. At least with the stock brake/clutch resevoir, you have a larger volume to help dissipate heat. The smaller GTO resevoir still gets dirty from the clutch dust, just like the stock setup.

Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
xjer22x

Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
I have the relocation kit and have not put it on. I just don't see how this would help the problem. At least with the stock brake/clutch resevoir, you have a larger volume to help dissipate heat. The smaller GTO resevoir still gets dirty from the clutch dust, just like the stock setup.

Ill tell you it helped my problem.

Yes there is more of an overflow... but you then are getting a heat source from 5 places vs just 1.

Plus its easier to do a quick fluid change for just the clutch if needed. At the track I usually bring some fluid and a syringe to switch the fluid out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Now that is a burnout! I need to get comfortable braking and pushing on the accelerator with my right foot. I already have the separate reservoir with good fluid. Fluid still looks clean. Car has 4,000 miles.
Takes some practice. More trips out and you will be a pro.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:

I agree, I had it on and removed it. I replaced the brake fluid with DOT4, it's easy enough to replace when ever it starts getting dirty.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:

I feel the same way. Not entirely convinced of the value of the mod, but it was an easy mod and it couldn't hurt. Perhaps the Tick clutch line would help. But that is a clutch bleed.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #21
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Do the rezzy. If anything you will keep tge clutch crud out if your brakes. My fluid after 20k miles:
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote