Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 11-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Roto-fab continues commitment to the ZL1...

Here in the shop, we have been working day, night and weekends to create innovative products for you. I personally eat, sleep and breath ZL1 and have every since we brought our ZL1 into the shop. Although I'm no longer permitted to say "ZL1" in the house, I do go to sleep thinking of what we will make next for this amazing car!

Our ZL1 cold air intake system has been a great success so far. Whether you want to go "no tune" or get wild with your ZL1, this is a great intake for you! In addition to our cold air intake, we are offering some cosmetic products such as carbon fiber finish engine cover, strut tower brace and fuse relay cover to match the finish offered on our intake system.

Back to performance-we have our own SC coolant reservoir for the ZL1 which mounts behind the air box. The kit will be available later this month. The reservoir itself is available now for those that can't wait, but we would rather supply the complete kit with instructions which will happen very soon! We have put our ZL1 Big Gulp air intake scoop ahead of everything for the moment-more on that in a minute.

Our W/W kit does mount in the same location as the S/C coolant reservoir, so we will be developing another WW washer reservoir for those who want both.

As many of you know, we are also in development of a very unique air scoop just for the ZL1. Below is a look at our Big Gulp air scoop and brake duct combination.

We will continue our commitment to this product line and to you as a ZL1 owner. Your input has been appreciated: and as you can see, has been integrated into our products.Thanks for your continued support-we aren't done yet either!
Mike

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Thank you for your commitment to the development of products for the ZL1, and especially the no tune required CAI. I installed mine a couple weeks ago, and it is a high quality product with well written instructions. Love the sounds coming from it and the additional performance. I'm interested in the air duct and the SC reservior too and they are at the top of my mod list. I could spend every spare $ I have on this car and then some. Thanks again!
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
babigguy

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 Z51 vette 2005 gto
Ok maybe you covered this in another thread but when in the air intake position does the big gulp still apply air to the front break?
babigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigguy View Post
Ok maybe you covered this in another thread but when in the air intake position does the big gulp still apply air to the front break?
No, in the "air intake" position virtually all of the air is going to the intake. However, in the "brake duct" position you are receiving appr. the same amount of air to the brakes as the stock duct while providing air to the intake. In other words, you can run all air to intake, or a combination of air to intake and air to brakes. This is possible because our duct is using more of the opening in the grill and maintains a larger cross section which allows more air flow than the stock duct. We decided there is no sense in running more air to the brakes than stock which would also be cooling more than the other side, therefore, a position of "all brake" duct isn't required.
Mike

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 11-29-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
babigguy

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 Z51 vette 2005 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
No, in the "air intake" position virtually all of the air is going to the intake. However, in the "brake duct" position you are receiving appr. the same amount of air to the brakes as the stock duct while providing air to the intake. In other words, you can run all air to intake, or a combination of air to intake and air to brakes. This is posssible because our duct is using more of the opening in the grill and maintains a larger cross section which allows more air flow than the stock duct. We decided there is no sense in running more air to the brakes than stock which would also cooling more than the other side; therefore, a position of "all brake" duct isn't required.
Gotcha thanks !!!!
babigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cool video and "thanks" for your continued development for ZL1

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
Looking forward to the Big Gulp and optional WW reservoir, as I currently have your S/C reservior.

Nice Work!
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
Looking forward to the Big Gulp and optional WW reservoir, as I currently have your S/C reservior.

Nice Work!
We are shipping our first batch of Big Gulps tomorrow! We will be working on our new W/W reservoir for those like you who have or plan to purchase our S/C coolant reservoir. For those of you that don't plan to use our S/C reservoir, we already have a W/W reservoir kit which mounts behind our air box.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Does the addition of the Big Gulp to the standard CAI which adds more air into the system require a tune?
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
No.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
This is why I went with Roto-fab, a company that doesn't string you along, they deliver!
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
just thought id add that i have one of the original rotofabs on a 2010 SS and ive been nothing but happy. so the other day a friend of mine asked me to put his new rotofab on his 2012 SS and i was blown away! this product has seen extensive improvement since i bought my other one and i was totally impressed. cant wait to get my ZL-1 version soon!
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Very Nice...
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
just thought id add that i have one of the original rotofabs on a 2010 SS and ive been nothing but happy. so the other day a friend of mine asked me to put his new rotofab on his 2012 SS and i was blown away! this product has seen extensive improvement since i bought my other one and i was totally impressed. cant wait to get my ZL-1 version soon!
I had an original Roto-Fab for my 2010 SS. I just ordered one for my 2013 ZL1. Guess I am a habitual Roto-Fab customer.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote