Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #365
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
Nice to see that they finally removed the high-mounted / 3rd brake light from the rear deck lid of the convertibles, and integrated it into the rear spoiler (where it should have been all along!). This is one of the few things I dislike about my '11 vert.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #366
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I just bought a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR so i will have better pics of the new colors as SOON as they are off the line!

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #367
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
I just bought a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR so i will have better pics of the new colors as SOON as they are off the line!
Last I heard, the new colors were being delaying production until early to mid August. So you could be waiting a minute

Credit to xVengeancex28
Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #368
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Great pics!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #369
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I don't understand all the hate about the taillights? The new one's certainly resemble the '69 better than the last one's. They just modernized them a little.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #370
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
I don't understand all the hate about the taillights? The new one's certainly resemble the '69 better than the last one's. They just modernized them a little.

I cant understand why many fans love old Camaros but still buy the new ones, whenever Chevy posts a survey on Facebook.

Do you want the car to stay old forever ??
Old 06-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #371
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
I cant understand why many fans love old Camaros but still buy the new ones, whenever Chevy posts a survey on Facebook.

Do you want the car to stay old forever ??
That's because when they do the poll all you have to do is "like" for the old school Camaro. You have to share if you vote for new school. People are less likely to do that.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #372
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
That's because when they do the poll all you have to do is "like" for the old school Camaro. You have to share if you vote for new school. People are less likely to do that.
Well thats the point, if they are all in favor of the old one, do they want chevy to think same as dodge and intorduce the old camaro body as the challenger did ???

The 5th generation is awsome !!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #373
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Well thats the point, if they are all in favor of the old one, do they want chevy to think same as dodge and intorduce the old camaro body as the challenger did ???

The 5th generation is awsome !!
The 5th generation is based on the 69. Undoubtedly, the most desired of the old school Camaro. It has obviously worked well in terms of sales.
My earlier post about the taillights was based on the fact that this gen.was based on the 69, it only makes sense to bring the taillights closer to that look for the remaining years of this body style. I like them!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #374
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post

Wait wait wait -- there were Camaros produced PRIOR to 2009?!?!?!?!?!??!

(that's your answer on why all the hate)

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #375
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrcola View Post
I feel like I need to put my own two cents in here. I understand what you're saying, and I'm sure that an awful lot of that kind of stuff goes on. People hate change, and people love to complain about stupid things. But I think it's really easy to fall into the trap of looking at everything through that lens and ignoring valid criticism.

This immediately came to mind with me because you used the steering wheel as an example and I don't think it's a good one. The 2010 steering wheel has a lot of issues. I personally think it looks cool, but it's not so easy on the hands and I drive with it every day. The ergonomic issues were a valid complaint. So you went about fixing it, which is good. But you just replaced one problem with another by swapping in an almost bog standard wheel. So now it feels fine but it doesn't look as nice. That wouldn't have stopped me from buying a new model, but it would bother me every time I looked at it. So both complaints were and are still valid even though people have moved on.

Now as for the styling of the refresh, I am in the camp that doesn't like it. My personal opinion is that the original designer did such a great job that there wasn't much that could be done for a major refresh to improve it. But, like with the steering wheel being out of the parts bin, the business dictated that the styling had to change. I get that. But it still makes me question the taste of the company that let it through and I don't think I could bring myself to buy one again. Just doesn't hit me in the heart the way it used to.

That just goes to show you that a group of perfectly competent people can still turn out a product that has issues. It happens for a lot of reasons. But please, please listen to your customers and evaluate each complaint objectively. Otherwise it can become a slow spiral down. And it has happened before to GM and the other American car companies and it wasn't pretty.
and I understand what you're saying.

Question: Have you seen the car IN PERSON?

I ask you this because I think you miss the point....ANY TIME you change something on Camaro (or Corvette) you get a lot of negative responses.

I've been at several shows now where we have them on display - and people who didn't like the pics are suddenly liking what they see.

And as to evaluating complaints - I believe we do that. That said, I also think it's appropriate to sometimes bring people 'back to earth' so to speak....and thus my remarks.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #376
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Not that anybody gives a hoot, but I really like the changes of the '14. I would say the most drastic change that is plainly obvious are the taillights and the rear license plate area, thus getting the most attention. Though I was not totally fond of the taillights and the license plate area of the '14, they are not deal breakers when it comes to the overall changes. I love the front end, it looks more aggressive and less "cartoonish" as some other keen observers have mentioned .

Adding the option for Recaro's is a huge bonus, and improving the HUD is big plus also. The '14 SS/1LE is pure badassedness

Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #377
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Why haven't we seen any new 2014 V6 yet...
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #378
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Great job on the rear! You can really notice the WIDER/LOWER look that the 2014 has over the 2013 in this pic.

Closed Thread