Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #43
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Oh I have no intention of taking them up on this. It came in the mail today and thought it was relevant to the thread. I hate legit companies choosing to use deceptive tactics like this. I wish they'd get stuck with having to honor BS claims they send people more often so this would stop.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #44
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
dealers make a killing on used cars. If it was for the same price why would you not upgrade and regain your bumper to bumper warranty, and the upgrades like radio and other things they have thrown at your model since then?
but then again some do this in hopes of upselling you once you are there
Because you would lose the equity you already have in the 2010, so long as you are getting the car for the same price and not a bit cheaper, or more car for the money, then the dealer is the only one making out on that one.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
There are three types of people in this thread: those that understand finance, and those that don't.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #46
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
I must be an anomaly because I got a call for my 2011 coupe, IBM 2SS/RS. They had a buyer that saw it when oil was being changed. I looked online for what I wanted, a '13 Vert 1SS, didn't want leather in the sun. Went in and handed my keys over to the new owner at the dealership. I still see him at cruise-ins. We both love our new vehicles. He wanted the IBM so thats why he wanted mine. And before all these trolls go on about a new loan, I pay cash and never finance vehicles. He had to so thats why we did it this way. So not always a sales tactic, but really make sure you know all the details before jumping.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #47
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
I must be an anomaly because I got a call for my 2011 coupe, IBM 2SS/RS. They had a buyer that saw it when oil was being changed. I looked online for what I wanted, a '13 Vert 1SS, didn't want leather in the sun. Went in and handed my keys over to the new owner at the dealership. I still see him at cruise-ins. We both love our new vehicles. He wanted the IBM so thats why he wanted mine. And before all these trolls go on about a new loan, I pay cash and never finance vehicles. He had to so thats why we did it this way. So not always a sales tactic, but really make sure you know all the details before jumping.
Semantics's............I think the confusion is over whether or not it can/should be defined as a sales ploy/tactic.........or what it really is factually.....a tried and true.....Financing Ploy/Tactic.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #48
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyroxs View Post
Hey guys! Long time no see . Well I am moving to San Diego soon and decided to take my camaro to the dealership to get some work done. Anyways, the day after I went to the dealership I received a phone call. They stated they have a buyer interested in a 2010 camaro with less than 30,000 miles and stated that they can give me a new model camaro for around the same monthly payments I am paying now. I have a 2010 LT w/cc package with around 23,200 miles. I told them I was not interested. I am curious if anyone here have came across the same type of offer from their dealerships?
Yep , sure they can make it happen to you , just about the same monthly payment
But they forgot to tell you that it will be for another 12 months above and beyond the loan that you currently have
Those bastards never learn !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #49
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Yep , sure they can make it happen to you , just about the same monthly payment
But they forgot to tell you that it will be for another 12 months above and beyond the loan that you currently have
Those bastards never learn !
What does that even mean? Clearly it works or almost every dealer wouldn't do it. The customers are the ones that need to learn. If you buy a car without researching, you're an idiot. I'm not saying it's right for dealers to rip people off, but they DO, so the only thing a consumer can do is protect themselves which many (most) are too dumb to do.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #50
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I do believe they deploy this tactic on inexperienced customers.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #51
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ya same payment until you get all excited about your new Camaro sit down with them and find out its more. Harley Dealer tried pulling that one on me a few months ago. Ya interest is 2.99%. Sat down with them and its 14.99%. If I had a 850 credit score and was buying a new 14 it would be 2.99.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #52
Nemo13

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Sorry, just having good credit is no guarantee. For ex. I have a friend who has perfect credit, just didn't use it / owe anyone, so it didn't give a good rating. Things have changed, and it depends on which bank you use. For a good trade in deal, you need: Good 'active' credit, a car with equity (you don't owe too much on it), knowledge of what your car is worth, knowledge of what they are trying to charge you for the new car / what the bluebook is, (multiple) bank terms i.e. who is going to give you a good rate, etc..etc... All these things come into play. Just because the dealer can't help you with the financing that is the bank, not the dealer. If you negotiate a great deal, but then get screwed by the bank or your bank, that is them not your salesman. For those who say the dealer won't give you a good deal, well, what rust bucket are you dragging in? Do your owe more than what it is worth? Etc... Sure you can sell it yourself, you don't need a dealer, but you may not WANT to go through all of that, so the buy back is..... wait for it... an OPTION! ;-) Buying a new car with or without a trade in is the same deal. Know the details before you walk in the door. If you are like me and get approached with an offer at the dealer, take all the info, go home, run the numbers, and make a choice to go back / forget it. Simple when you know how.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #53
Nemo13

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Once you factor in interest, they didn't give you a deal at all. But if you're happy, that's all that matters.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I did factor interest. I had all the numbers going in. I financed through my credit union and have a better rate than my first car. No pressure from anyone. I am in a brand new upgraded car with a better warranty and got a deal to expand my extended warranty through my credit union for the life of my new loan. I am extremely happy.

This stuff isn't hard guys, a car is just a product like anything else. Just because you get mail from Publisher's Clearing House that says you may be a winner doesn't mean you win, you have to play the game. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #54
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
What does that even mean? Clearly it works or almost every dealer wouldn't do it. The customers are the ones that need to learn. If you buy a car without researching, you're an idiot. I'm not saying it's right for dealers to rip people off, but they DO, so the only thing a consumer can do is protect themselves which many (most) are too dumb to do.
Many just can't stand the whole car-buying process (personally, I kind of enjoy it). Most car buyers couldn't care less about dealer markups, profit margins, or monthly sales incentives. They go in with a maximum monthly payment dollar amount in mind and that is what they focus on. If the dealership can hit that dollar amount - regardless of how - SALE! Cha-ching!

Dealer just made a nice fat profit, salesman made a nice commission, and the buyer just paid $2,000 more than they could have... but they stayed within their pre-set monthly payment dollar amount - so they drive away dumb and happy.

You CANNOT beat a dealership. They will always come out ahead, even if all they get is hitting that magic monthly sales quota. But if that's all they have to show for the deal... the buyer has done their homework and held firm for the "price" they want (not the payment).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #55
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Many just can't stand the whole car-buying process (personally, I kind of enjoy it). Most car buyers couldn't care less about dealer markups, profit margins, or monthly sales incentives. They go in with a maximum monthly payment dollar amount in mind and that is what they focus on. If the dealership can hit that dollar amount - regardless of how - SALE! Cha-ching!

Dealer just made a nice fat profit, salesman made a nice commission, and the buyer just paid $2,000 more than they could have... but they stayed within their pre-set monthly payment dollar amount - so they drive away dumb and happy.

You CANNOT beat a dealership. They will always come out ahead, even if all they get is hitting that magic monthly sales quota. But if that's all they have to show for the deal... the buyer has done their homework and held firm for the "price" they want (not the payment).

Yep. It's all about the price not the payment.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #56
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
It's not a crime to sell cars, BUT a sales tactics like this one is cheesy to board line silly. Playing on one's ego is an old tried but true tactic. Your car is great, we need you..blah blah, blah, I personally enjoy the hunt. I'm always interested in which way will the salesman go?? Lock down, insult, compliment etc..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote