Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
--Magic--

Drives: like a granny
Mrt 2, airaid cai and x pipe

Guys I have Airaid cai and mrt 2 installed on my car and was recently thinking about adding resonated x pipe from magnaflow. Is anyone here running the same/similar set up on llt? How would resonated x pipe impact the sound and performance? Would I lose some power and the sound quality or it would just improve it?

Mrt2 sounds fine but wish it wasn't so loud and high pitched on wot.
--Magic-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
I have a mrt 2 too... its not loud compared to other exhausts.. its more pronounced and has a deep tone and thats what i wanted.. i have noticed people who have installed the OBX hearders install the resonated X pipe.. adding just the x pipe wont do much or add any hp IMO
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Others have said they lose half the volume with adding that but makes the sound better...could also gain a couple of hp but nothing crazy bc I think it's less restrictive than the factory h-pipe
Old 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
less restrictive than the factory h pipe? isn't the factory pipe just straight through? I would think anything resonated, no matter the shape of the pipe, is going to be more restrictive, unless the pipe is doing five 90 degree bends. lol
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
less restrictive than the factory h pipe? isn't the factory pipe just straight through? I would think anything resonated, no matter the shape of the pipe, is going to be more restrictive, unless the pipe is doing five 90 degree bends. lol
The benefit of an X pipe vs an H pipe, is the X pipe will provide better scavenging. Basically, as every pulse of the exhaust passes through the X it creates a vacuum to help pull the next pulse from the other side of the X. This helps the engine breath easier and more efficiently.

As others said, the resonated X will quiet down the exhaust, but in my opinion it is a necessity on the V6 if you have headers.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions. We offer anything and everything Magnaflow at unbeatable prices.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
--Magic--

Drives: like a granny
So I guess no need for x pipe at this point. It probably would make it too quiet therfore defeating the purpose.

I always wanted to put lt headers on my car but if mrt 2 is loud enough then I don't think I could deal with anything louder. What about shorties? Are they any good?? I saw the vide of mrt 2 with jba shorties and it sounded beasty.... but probably annoying and loud on high rpms.
--Magic-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I would stay away from the JBA's heard they leak alot...Doug Thorley are where it's at for shorties (at least for the V6.)

Tags
airaid, mrt 2.0