Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
navyflyer72

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd, BLK/CYB GRY
the unthinkable happened, need advice! quick!!!

Leaving work two days ago (in the rain) I was driving along in traffic when suddenly out of nowhere a car from my left swerved and merged right into my drivers door and dragged along the entire driver side of my SS. Basically from the front of my driver door to my rear wheel is crumpled in and scraped. His insurance is paying for the repairs and my insurance (USAA) is working the claim with his (Allstate), but I want to know if anyone knows of a GOOD body shop in the Annapolis area or Calvert County.

The way I see it, my Camaro was in almost 100% perfect shape (minus two small scratches from road debris) before the accident, I want her to be back to the same shape or better after she is repaired.

Please help!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I had my rally stripes done at Jeff's Body shop in Annapolis. They do body work for Tate Chevy in Annapolis as well so that speaks for their competance.
www.jeffsbodyshop.net
410 268 6765
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
sorry, don't know bodyshops up that far north

and real sorry to hear about the damage! that sucks nuts, wtf was the other guy swerving to miss? I hope it was a kid or something important, has to be a good reason to mess up a perfectly good camaro!!!

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
LookingGlass
Future Chevy Owner

Drives: Impatiently waiting!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to LookingGlass
It may be a little further north than you want, but this is an excellent shop to go to

Mile One Collision Works‎
11408 Old Baltimore Pike, Beltsville, MD 20705
(301) 595-0187

OR The only other place I trust is near Alexandria. The owner there has worked on our '69.
www.wagonworkscollision.com
Business Hours: (703) 684-2985
Emergency Hours: (571) 722-3390
LookingGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Ntimad8rs

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M ABM & GMC 2500HD
Your USAA person should know the best to work with in your area. That is what I did. There was a shop that had a higher rate than USAA paid but they accepted that rate, and had no further out of pocket. Now about the same as it was, not gonna happen, without taking it to a custom shop and forming the metal back to what it was factory. It is a sad reality, but there will be some fill with your car, the cost is too prohibitive otherwise.
Ntimad8rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
navyflyer72

Thanks for all the input. I'm going with Jeff's Auto body. I wish the kid had been swerving to miss something (like a run-away baby stroller or something) but no such luck. He was just trying to get out of a line of traffic that was stuck behind someone waiting to turn left at a green light. Only problem was my Camaro was right where he wanted to put his car, so he slammed into my driver door and the side of my Camaro from the front of my driver door back to my rear wheel is crushed in.

I am considering having Greg's vented fenders installed while she is in the shop.
Luckily the kid had insurance and they accepted liability and will be footing the bill to bring my baby back into perfect shape. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Thanks again to everyone who pm'd me and left advice.

R, George
Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
Bummer. I was out a couple of weekends ago and pick-up truck almost backed into me. I had to lay on the horn. Someone was behind me so I couldn't move.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
NTGILTY

Drives: 06 GTO, 2010 2SS/RS RJT, 2008 G8
jeffs body shop is great....and hes a fellow camaro owner

2008 Pontiac G8-Stock

2006 Pontiac GTO- Procharged,Cammed,Kooks,Corsa,Pedders Suspension, Intake manifold and TB work,Meth injection. 600RWHP
NTGILTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
navyflyer72

That's good to know, is Jeff on the forum here? I am looking at the Gary's Customz fenders, since the price is reasonable and it looks like I may get the whole car shot (painted stripe package?) at once. The rear quarter needs to be replaced, the driver door needs replaced and the front fender, well, needs replaced. Figured might as well do the fenders now.

Would like to get the clear bra installed, but with the whole car getting shot (or most of it anyway) I'd have to wait 90 days cure time to do it, but I think I will get that done middle of the summer when it is cured... I just want to get my black beauty back home in the garage safe and sound!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
navyflyer72

I got my baby back last Friday and I have to say that Jeff's body shop in Annapolis, MD did a great job. They actually did the work out at their Kent Island shop and Danny out there kept me posted pretty frequently. I would highly recommend this shop, and will probably use them in the future to have my stripes painted on.