Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
RedDragon

Drives: 1967 Camaro and SIM 2013 ZL1
Fark V3.0 instructions

********s website seems to be down and I can't find the instructions anywhere. Does anyone have a copy somewhere? or maybe some basic info I can use to install my JL 700/5?

Thanks
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
I will give some quick and dirty instructions since the site is still down and all the details are still online. I can't even get to them lol.

Just remember that it is really no different than wiring any other amp. The only thing our harness does is convert the connector style wires over to a more usable state. Our brown rca x3 harness connects to the input connector and converts the radio outputs to rca connections--like what you would find on the back of an aftermarket deck. Our green x2 harness simply snaps onto the factory harness and has blunt cut wires so you can hardwire That to your amp instead of cutting the end off your harness.

Step1. locate factory boston amp. unbolt it and unplug all 3 connectors from it.

Step 2. connect up our brown x3 harness and green x2 harness right onto the ends of the factory harnesses that you pulled from the boston amp.

Step 3. run 2-sets of rca cables from the x3 harness to the input jacks on your amp. Connect white wire with orange stripe on x3 harness to the rem. terminal on your amp. If your amp is more than a few inches from the factory spot, you will need a length of primary wire to make the extension.

Step 4. connect the 8 wires from the green x2 harness to your amp's speaker outputs. Each set of wires on the x2 harness is labelled so you know which speaker it feeds. Solid wires are positive, striped wires are negative.

Step 5. connect the x2a gray harnesses in-line to each 6x9. In other words, unplug the harness from each 6x9 that is hanging down in your trunk, plug in a gray x2a harness in-between and re-connect to the speaker. Do this for each 6x9 speaker.

Step 6. Run power and ground wire to your amp,

You are pretty much done except for the tuning. Be sure to Zero your head unit's fader before you start tuning. Good idea to zero the bass and treble too. Start with gains near zero for front and rear and work up until your chime and onstar voice get to comfortable levels. If your music gets really loud before you get to 20 on the dial then you have your gains way too high. You really shouldn't need to go over 1/4 so I recommend starting near zero and working up from there to find the sweet spot. Camaro has a very strong input signal so gains don't need to be very high at all and that is why most ppl have loud chimes. Now IF at that point your chime and turn signal are insanely loud (like it sounds like your speakers are going to explode), then you may need to install the resistor in the kit. This is not needed 9 out of 10 times. Most times it's too high of gains or too big of amp being used that is the culprit. But in the event you should need to, I have a video I can point you to.

Should give you a good start. Happy tuning.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
RedDragon

Thanks Steve for your quick response! you guys are awesome.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
RedDragon

Another question, what does the black wire and diode go to?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

That is part of the resistor as mentioned toward the end there.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
iosigma

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 1991 Camaro RS
Steve,
I have the non ba system but I'm wanting to add a sub, is there a factory amp interface in the back like the ba system? Or does your harness plug in behind the stereo. I hope the site gets back up soon! I want to order some stuff!
iosigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
xkloid
ITZ COOL

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS
Yep I am waiting for the site also. Ready to order tonight.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
GITUSOM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Site is back up.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by iosigma View Post
Steve,
I have the non ba system but I'm wanting to add a sub, is there a factory amp interface in the back like the ba system? Or does your harness plug in behind the stereo. I hope the site gets back up soon! I want to order some stuff!
Non ba cars are not pre-wired to the trunk like boston cars, therefore our rca output harness plugs in behind the radio. It is item nba-rca on our site. thx