Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Lumina

Drives: 2011 / RS / Cyber grey
Kenwood DNX9210BT radio all of a sudden no power

1 year ago I have installed a Scosche unit GM5201AB in my 2011 Camaro LT and a Kenwood DNX9210BT after market radio.

I wanted to install a rear cam so removed the radio (without disconnecting the wires) from the dash/scosche unit. The radio worked when powering up. When trying again after about 10 minutes, the radio did not turn on anymore. However the Scosche unit (display and functionality fully working) still works normally.

When measuring the red wire there was no power where it should measure 12+V (?) Yellow wire has 12V on it. Measurements done on Scosche cable to radio connector. Car key in position II.

We checked the internal car radio fuse (20A, in the trunk). Fuse is okay. Also the fuse of the radio (15A) itself is okay.

We already disconnected the Scosche unit and wait in the car with the doors closed to go in to sleep mode, then connected the unit again. Also removed the display of the radio and reconnected it. This all does not change anything.

All other functionalities in the car are working fine. No issue with the windows like many others experienced due to BCM issues.

Does anyone recognize this and knows what to do?

Thanks

Last edited by Lumina; 08-27-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
See if there is a fuse next to where the harness plugs into the receiver. On the JVC I have,there's a fuse in the radios chassis next to the harness connection. If it's blown,there's a concern.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #3
Divindirty

Drives: Camaro 2ss/rs
theres a reset red triangle in the front lower left side , push to reset unit, I had to do this a couple times
Divindirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:01 AM   #4
Lumina

Both fuses (the one of the radio itself and the fuse located in the trunk) are not blown. So it must be something else.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
1 year ago I have installed a Scosche unit GM5201AB in my 2011 Camaro LT and a Kenwood DNX9210BT after market radio.

I wanted to install a rear cam so removed the radio (without disconnecting the wires) from the dash/scosche unit. The radio worked when powering up. When trying again after about 10 minutes, the radio did not turn on anymore. However the Scosche unit (display and functionality fully working) still works normally.

When measuring the red wire there was no power where it should measure 12+V (?) Yellow wire has 12V on it. Measurements done on Scosche cable to radio connector. Car key in position II.

We checked the internal car radio fuse (20A, in the trunk). Fuse is okay. Also the fuse of the radio (15A) itself is okay.

We already disconnected the Scosche unit and wait in the car with the doors closed to go in to sleep mode, then connected the unit again. Also removed the display of the radio and reconnected it. This all does not change anything.

All other functionalities in the car are working fine. No issue with the windows like many others experienced due to BCM issues.

Thanks
Moved to Audio/Electronics subforum

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:18 AM   #6
Lumina

Also pressing the reset button did not change anything. I have contacted Scosche. I hope they can help.

We think there is somehow no more power coming from the Scosche unit to the aftermarket radio.

:-(

thanks for the suggestions!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #7
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:

Thanks
There is another fuse (10 amp) on drivers side of dash fuse panel.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #8
Lumina

Oke another fuse. we will also check those then. Do you know which one it is in particular?

I have followed the instructions that Scosche gave me to properly reset the unit. For me this also did not work but maybe someone else may need this instruction so I will post it:

The way to properly reset the interface is explained below:

1. Turn the vehicle off, take the keys out of the ignition, open a door (doesn’t matter which one),disconnect the 24 pin and then the 8 pin connector from the back of the touch screen AC module, and then get into the vehicle with the module disconnected and close all the vehicle doors including the trunk and hood.

2. Wait in the vehicle for 7-10 minutes.

3. During the 7-10 minutes make sure to have everything powered off, do not reopen any doors, do not step out of the vehicle.

4. After 7-10 minutes, plug the 24 pin connector first and then the 8 pin connector back into the module and start the vehicle all the way on so the engine is running. Make sure not to exit the car or open any doors until after this process is complete. Once you’ve started the car is when the interface should reinitialize and hopefully resolve your issues
Old 09-04-2017, 05:30 AM   #9
Lumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
There is another fuse (10 amp) on drivers side of dash fuse panel.
Can you tell which one in particular? thanks !
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 AM   #10
Lumina

Quote:
Can you tell which one in particular? thanks !
we managed to find it !! However... nothing wrong with it. We really suspect that the Scosche unit is broken and not giving power to the radio. Still waiting for reply of Scosche to see what can be done.

thanks for the help !