Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
Bad, Really Bad Night

Tonight was supposed to be a cruise night, meet up with some camaro friends for dinner and maybe get a little work done. It ended up with Evelyn on a roll back and her left bleeding at the dealer.

So the story.

LadyinBlue and RSMan meet me at the house and we planned on cruising south to meet up with some others at Ihop for dinner and some club work. As the interstate has some major construction we decided to take some back roads and miss all the traffic. We got on the road no problems, as we were cruising up to a sharp left hand turn, all of a sudden I felt the car give me a weird shudder, as I was entering the turn I let off the gas and decided to coast thru it to a safe spot as the turn is a blind turn due to grass, well the front of the car turned, the rear of the car didn't. Aprox speed at this point is 30-35mph as the turn is really sharp. The rear of the car slides out to the right, catches the gravel shoulder. I then tried to correct it but no luck, the car the spun to the left, the rear tire got traction and I went forward off a 4-5 foot embankment. It hit HARD. Really hard. Luckily I hit the drop straight on and I believe that keep the car from rolling over. After I came to a stop, I noticed a no tire pressure in right rear message, no idea when it came on but it was on as soon as I stopped, could of been on before I entered the corner.

After I figured out what happened. I decided to drive through the field up onto the driveway to get back on the road and went aprox half mile up to the road to get out of the corner and clear a tunnel to a safe place to pull over.

Thank God Zach and Lisa were behind me, they pulled over and helped me survey the damage. Front fascia is in pieces, front cross member has huge dents, left front tire has grass stuck in the bead, left rear tire is totallt deflated, the inside bead is intact, the outside bed is broken. Grass is stuck to just about everything under the car, scratches and what not down both sides and oil is flowing from under the car.

I call GM Roadside, after answering about 15 minutes of automated questions, they connect me to a live person, who asks me all the same questions. They then told me they would send me a tow truck, I asked to make sure it was a flatbed, she said she would make sure since that is what I wanted, told me the tow company would call me in a couple minutes. About five minutes later get a call from the tow company asking location, I doubled checked that it was a flat bed, and they gave me an guess of about an hour.

Now we sit and wait, and of course take pictures. An Hour and four minutes later the tow truck pulls up, pretty good guess on time. First thing he does is compliment the car then tell me how he like the Challangers better. Thanks that is exactly what I needed. He gets me loaded up and asks to take a picture. Some more salt in the wound. So we get on the road, and he asks all kinds of questions about the car and such, we finally get to the dealership and he offloaded the car with out any problems. While off loading noticed a ton of oil on his roll back. Not a good sign. Left the key in the drop box and in big letters put do not move car till you call me, it has a busted oil pan, hopefully they catch it before they do more damage to her.

I purchased the Roadside Tire and Wheel Hazard Insurance at the time I bought my car. I expect them to cover the cost of repair as the damage was done by a tire failure. I will keep this updated on what happens and what they say is broken and such.

Now comes the pictures, I will post more as they get sent to me. It is pic heavy.

masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Raise hell and tell them you want a new subframe. Seeing it dented like that is bad bad bad. that car will never be right if you dont.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
Hints_the_name

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Man, Im sorry to hear that.. :/ I hope she is back to working and like new here soon!
Hints_the_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
wow that is alot of damage... cant tell but there maybe alot of frame damage which might total the car... road hazzard is just to replace the tires not any damage to the car, I hop you contacted your Insurance as they are the ones going to have to pay for it.. hope it turns out ok for you...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's terrible. I hope you're back to driving again soon in a Camaro as good as new.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
masterwinning

Ive not talked to my insurance yet as it happened after hours and I've not even talked to the dealership yet. She is sitting next to a GTO bleeding in the lot. At least she has a friend to keep her company.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
wow...that really sucks...hope insurance takes care of you!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwinning View Post
Ive not talked to my insurance yet as it happened after hours and I've not even talked to the dealership yet. She is sitting next to a GTO bleeding in the lot. At least she has a friend to keep her company.
I would contact them ASAP...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Kyle didnt you tell me i had to have my car back together in 2 weeks , hope its a fast and good repair ,
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
masterwinning

Yeah well, I may be cutting it close, my fingers are crossed it is repairable. I have 15 days.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Sorry to see that happen. Looks like the airbags didn't deploy?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Scorpion6
To Honor with Dignity

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic SOLD
WOW, that really sucks. (like you didn't know that) But it's like when someone you know looses a family member, what can you really say.

At least you had friends riding behind you to assist, and if it had been "worse" they could have gotten you help fast. Something I always liked about clubs like this. If you were just driving your run of the mill Honda Ridgeline you would have been dealing with it solo.

Hope the dealer gets her out of ICU quickly and back on the road to recovery soon.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So sorry. Hope you are unhurt & your car is repaired or replaced ASAP.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
holy shi!, that definitely sucks