Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
Well just an update.. They are providing me with free return shipping which is nice.. but I'm sure slow as hell. Ill keep everything updated.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
TheRetrofitSource is the place to go.

I guess if they are sending you a replacement that is a positive. Of course how long will you have to wait and will it happen again?

Also, I'm one that has had experience with both HID bulbs and a HID projector retrofit. I had the HID bulbs for about a year. In that time I got maybe 3 people that flashed their brights at me. I never had any issue from the cops. I don't know that the blinding thing is really that big a deal. However, that being said the projectors are definately the way to go. The light it puts out and the looks is so much better than HID bulbs...it's not even a comparison at all and TRS is the place to get them.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
Belam

Drives: Yellow 2SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Im strongly considering just purchasing a kit from theretrofitsource and just counting my losses. Its not worth the trouble of spending money on getting a product shipped to china and the turn around time will be weeks.. bump that.. Id rather purchase from ATL. If something messes up I can just drive there and deal with it.
Oh my geshhh ,I never know that Theretrofitsource is danm close to me ,only 3 miles away .I didn't pay attention until you mention that it is in Atlanta .That way I don't have to wait for weeks if I do with DDM Tunning ,but how is the quality of them ?wich is better DDM Tuning or Theretrofitsource .Thanks bro
Belam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
caverman

TheRetrofitSource is top notch IMO. I don't go anywhere else and I'm a hell of alot farther than 3 miles. No question to go withTRS. You shouldn't even be asking. Being that close I would just stop by and talk to them....and supporting a US company vs an overseas company (even though I'm sure Morimoto products are from overseas) is a no brainer as well.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
evomacky

Drives: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Thanks for checking out the review!
how did you get around the DRL feature on your camaro? did you just turn on the low beams before you lowered the handbrake?

thanks much!
evomacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
caverman

There isn't a way to get around the DRL without a harness.
Build Journal