Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Third gen tpi motors hit 14s pretty easy.
Agreed, one of the last tmes I had my GTP at the track there was a 92 L98 Z28 with just cold air and drag radials running the same as me, high 13s/low 14s. We lined up once and he would get me off the line and I would be basically even by the end of the 1/4 mile. Also the 305 TPIs with the manual transmission were basically as quick as the L98s
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #30
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
The reason why people think LS1 SS' are faster than 5th gen SS' is because the 5th gens weren't broken in when people put them up against 4th gen when they first came out. As with an LS engine the LS3 needs about 2500 miles to wake up. The 5th gen will easily walk a 4th gen LS1 either stock for stock or mod for mod. I ran a 12.7 with nothing more than a tune and CAI, show me a 4th gen that will do that and trap over 110 mph. For reference my nephew went to the same track the same day with my in his 99 Z28 with free mods, MTI lid, Ported TB and cat-back and was running 13.2's all day. He also had better 60's. That being said a V6 5th gen can't touch an LS1, but an LT1 might be a different story. If it has hard miles and isn't modded correctly the V6 may edge it out.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
The reason why people think LS1 SS' are faster than 5th gen SS' is because the 5th gens weren't broken in when people put them up against 4th gen when they first came out. As with an LS engine the LS3 needs about 2500 miles to wake up. The 5th gen will easily walk a 4th gen LS1 either stock for stock or mod for mod. I ran a 12.7 with nothing more than a tune and CAI, show me a 4th gen that will do that and trap over 110 mph. For reference my nephew went to the same track the same day with my in his 99 Z28 with free mods, MTI lid, Ported TB and cat-back and was running 13.2's all day. He also had better 60's. That being said a V6 5th gen can't touch an LS1, but an LT1 might be a different story. If it has hard miles and isn't modded correctly the V6 may edge it out.
how bout severely abusive miles?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #32
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
how bout severely abusive miles?
It's a crap shoot, I bought a 96 Z28 with 130,000 that ran like a raped ape. Before that I had a 96 T/A with 96,000 miles that ran like crap. It all comes down to maintenance of the previous owners.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #33
azvren

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaver View Post
If you noticed I own both cars, '10 camaro ss and 98 WS6, So you are saying I know how to drive my T/A, But not my ss?
BTW My ss is running 11 flat now!
When I said "here" I meant in west texas, not here on the forum oh god no. Theres people on here That I wont even touch if we both ran with the exact same car due to the fact that they are better drivers.
How many miles did your 2010 have at the time when you raced your WS6?
Theres also is the possibility that you did not know the ins and outs of your ss as well as you did your WS6. I guess I am saying you dont know how drive your ss idk. There are a lot of factors to consider but I personally think that if you ran an LS3 and an LS1 that were both stock and broken in with the exact same driver that the LS3 would win hands down.
azvren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #34
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvren View Post
When I said "here" I meant in west texas, not here on the forum oh god no. Theres people on here That I wont even touch if we both ran with the exact same car due to the fact that they are better drivers.
How many miles did your 2010 have at the time when you raced your WS6?
Theres also is the possibility that you did not know the ins and outs of your ss as well as you did your WS6. I guess I am saying you dont know how drive your ss idk. There are a lot of factors to consider but I personally think that if you ran an LS3 and an LS1 that were both stock and broken in with the exact same driver that the LS3 would win hands down.
I think your right on the money with the the fact my camaro ss had not been broke in, Thats an excellent point had it been broke in, It would been a different story, I agree 100%, when I ran them the Camaro had less than 100 miles...
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #35
sweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
what do you have done to the SS?
There is a video on the homepage of my car, Title says Livernois nearly breaks tens, I don't have time to find it right now,
As far as mods, TVS 2300, cam,cnc ported heads,Ported lower manifold,Kooks headers with corsa catback, Roto Fab,smaller pulley with fuel upgrades, Getting ready for 418 stroker!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #36
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
It's a crap shoot, I bought a 96 Z28 with 130,000 that ran like a raped ape. Before that I had a 96 T/A with 96,000 miles that ran like crap. It all comes down to maintenance of the previous owners.
Mines got 185k on it and she runs like a scalded dog raping an ape.

she had some crap mx done to her in the past, but still runs strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azvren View Post
I dont think it would be a hands down race.

Quote:
I think your right on the money with the the fact my camaro ss had not been broke in, Thats an excellent point had it been broke in, It would been a different story, I agree 100%, when I ran them the Camaro had less than 100 miles...
and? while there is some "break-in" with these cars, there have been a handful on the fast list that ran the car straight to the track with minimal miles

Quote:
There is a video on the homepage of my car, Title says Livernois nearly breaks tens, I don't have time to find it right now,
As far as mods, TVS 2300, cam,cnc ported heads,Ported lower manifold,Kooks headers with corsa catback, Roto Fab,smaller pulley with fuel upgrades, Getting ready for 418 stroker!

ooooh, thats your car? NOICE.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Don't underestimate the LT1. I just don't believe the new V6 can take an LT1.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #38
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
The direct link to the video on youtube can be found here

ooooohhhhhhhh a blown, cammed 418 will be awesome

-Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #39
sweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
The direct link to the video on youtube can be found here

ooooohhhhhhhh a blown, cammed 418 will be awesome

-Rick
Ya, So tell Andy lets get on this!
Thanks for the link,
Old 01-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
0-60n4.6

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
your comparing a CAI and Tune 2010 ss to a ported TB "very stock" ls1...haha dude the cai and tune gave you around 20-25 rwhp with much better Throttle response and better shift points if you have an Auto with all that said i promise you that cai and tune droped you .2-.3 in the 1/4
0-60n4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #41
0-60n4.6

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
I ran a 12.8 3 weeks ago at Dallas raceway with a 2.1 60ft time 8.5 1/8 and a 104 TS...you have almost the same mods as i do black5thgen minus my 390 gears so i wouldnt be tooo proud of that 12.7 i mean come on i have a SMALL 4.6 rem
0-60n4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #42
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
My 93 Z28 has 91,000 miles. Moroso CAI, Flowmaster Exhaust and Super chip added. She will run pretty well, never taken her to the track but she's cleaned a few mustang clocks. Would like to run it against my 2SS.