Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Unhappy Need a brain

Seriously I need some good advice on this. I just special ordered my New 2014 ZL1 Convertible and recieved it on 9/16. I stopped by the dealer to speak with him, and as I was there a truck pulls into the Chevy dealership with 4 C7 Corvettes on it. Curious I step out into the Lot to look at one that is ready to be picked up by a customer and I really think it is a great car. The dealer tells me he would take my ZL1 back for basically equal money and I can order a C7. The ZL1 was 68k all said and done, the C7 that I would get would be basically the same cost. So my serious serious question to anyone that really might know these cars, Is which one is the better car. Since they are roughly the same cost, which one is the right one to choose?. What kills me the most is I will have to wait another 8 weeks to get the Vette if I learn the vette is the better car. I always thought the Vettes were more expensive cars so I find it unusual that they priced them the same. So really whats the deal? truelly appreciate the advice on whether I already have the better car or ?.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Hope this gives you enough to read?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320618

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Emvici

thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
As was discussed in the thread linked above, it comes down to: Do I want the top of the line model Camaro and four seats and five years of production bugs worked out of it, or do I want the sexy newcomer Corvette's base model with two seats and zero production history.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
if the corvette has the z51 performance package, i say go for it.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Follow your heart. It's your money. Why ask a forum how to spend your money?
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I'm content being the bad-ass red-neck little brother.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Emvici

I ask because honestly, I do not know what is best. I like what Boondock Saint said, in regards to History and having all the bugs ironed out. It is a great point, although in todays age of technology, the higher end cars have the bugs out long before production. I have been watching videos and realizing this has been an issue for quite a few people. I feel that listening to other people is my best counsel, and in the end I will make the right choice. I think right now it comes down to two things, I do not like the ABS plastic around the ZL1 and I dont like the idea so much about not having a back seat in the Vette.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Yea and if you buy the Vette you'll never know what you missed out on by not taking the ZL-1. Vettes don't bully my car like they do others around here where I'm at. Kinda wish they would. But anyways I'm very happy with my choice cuz I was debating the same thing. I'll get a Vette eventually maybe soon but I'm gonna park it next to my ZL-1! We can't take $$$ with us when we go so might as well make it a heck of a trip!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
So when can I go pick up your "used" ZL1 trade in?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
dkdonehoo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS, Victory Red
Check out Tanner Foust's review of the C-7 Stingray on last weeks Top Gear.
dkdonehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
I'm content being the bad-ass red-neck little brother.
+1

I say stick with the top of the line Camaro
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
If you are worried about having to order one and the wait involved, there are 8 Stingrays that are due at the dealership here in Dallas any minute and only 4 of them are spoken for.

They like to play that "Oh there's a shortage and all are spoken for" drama until they actually get here to up charge on the ones the dealer actually ordered for themselves to sell.

Good luck on your decision. One thing is for sure, either car will have you running back and forth to the store buying one item at a time off of a long grocery list. Not to mention taking the long way to and from on each trip.

Now here's what I really think to myself. The ZL1 offers more HP per dollar and 580 HP sounds more intimidating than 460 HP no matter how damn heavy the car may be. People who know nothing about cars will spot the Vette in a heartbeat and always assume it is the faster, more powerful of the two cars.

I keep hearing how great a bargain the Vette is, but the ZL1 comes with everything you need to be competitive at the track without adding a single option. The same cannot be said for the Vette. To get that car outfitted the way it should perform and sound, you might as well buy a ZO6. If your gonna do it spend the extra 5 grand above 70 and get the ZO6. I'm almost positive that from a performance perspective you'll have no regrets.

Last edited by snackbar64; 10-02-2013 at 06:42 PM.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Drbormd

Drives: 13 F150 Eco 14 ZL1 650 RWHP
Compare apples to apples meaning options.. They are not the same price.. When I added all the options to make the Vette just like my ZL 1 it was almost 10K more..
Drbormd is offline   Reply With Quote