Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #29
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The shine on my paint is from polishing, and I am a believer that any type product that adds gloss, the look is dependent upon the condition of the surface. I agree my car stands out well without anything over the wax. just like it for the added pop, plus it adds a lot of slickness when drying, far more than detail spray.
If you were unhappy with the results you got from Americana and Brilliant Glaze, I would have returned them. I haven't used either so can't comment on them. It was more that I wasn't impressed with the product, Im letting it age, hoping it will be like a fine wine in 10 years, LOL
My bottle of HGG is low, I have used it on 8 other cars besides mine, maybe 2 applications left. If you would like, I'll send it to you if you want to try it out first. This way you can compare it against the CG after wash, and continue with whichever one you like better, it shouldn't cost much to ship to Charlotte from Shelby. PM me and I'd be glad to send it.
Thanks for the offer, but its not necessary. I'll pick up a bottle with my next order to adams.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #30
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
This is my 3rd use of HGG. I love this stuff!
Car looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
I'd like to see this up against CG shine while you dry. application is the same. I use to spray detail spray over the entire car before drying. But this was my new go to. Id like to see how Adams compares.
I haven't personally got my hands on the AW product, though I do generally try most of the competitions stuff at some point. From what I understand this really isn't even an apples to apples comparison. AW looks purely like a drying aid - spray then wipe.

Our HGG isn't really a drying aid. The water reacts with it, but you are going to work panel by panel and it is spray, then spread, then wipe. It also has the additional benefit of being a sealant you can apply to the car when its dry (video below outlines both uses)

So really other than them both having a use/application when a car is wet the similarities stop there. I wouldn't use HGG to displace water solely - that would be a waste of a product and you'd be left with a heavy layer of un-leveled sealant.

A few people have drawn this comparison too, so you're not alone in mis-reading the uses and differences. Might have something to do with the proximity of their release and they're both 'water related' but honestly there isn't much else they have in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
All I can say is this stuff is awesome. Love it!!!!
Glad you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airway Monkey View Post
Ordered some HGG the other day and I can't wait to use it!!!
Thanks for your business. I'm confident you'll dig it.

Quote:
Adams HGG is stated for what it is, a water activated acrylic resin sealant, with gloss enhancers. Stated durability is 2 months minimum unless applied over wax. I did see a slight change in sheeting during routine washes after 7 weeks, when I applied it over wax.

And with Adams their is no hype, a 110% guarantee instead, and the customer service is top notch. If you are speaking with someone who can't answer your question, they will get someone who can, and you won't wait on hold for a long time.
Thanks for chiming in and thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
I think Adams lost touch a little with the community over the last year or so. But since Dylan is back, I have seen the Adams of old come back.
Its GREAT to have Dylan and his knowledge back on this forum.
You're too kind, thank you.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #31
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
My car is pretty shiny anyway but It was time to wash my car so..... heres some foam for you.

after wash and sheeting rinse

and after dry with AW ( the label says it has synthetic polymers for a brilliant shine) so its more than a drying agent, I got towels for drying

GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'll probably be picking up some more HGG at the fest.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #33
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Car looks great!
Thanks!

HGG has quickly become my favorite Adams product for lots of reasons.

I'm using this only after a 2 bucket wash, at this point, the paint is clean and free of contaminates that can cause marring of the clear coat.
This makes application IMO very safe for the clear coat.

It also sheets water really well when doing routine washes after application.
Ben told me when I spoke with him at Adams back when this was released, the cars that had HGG on them, the snow was sliding off them up there in Colorado, I can easily see how that was the case.

No buffing is required, simply spray, wipe, dry. If a "spot" shows up where the product wasn't spread properly, just wipe it again with the damp towel and dry. Again very safe for the clear coat.

It adds gloss within the layer of protection, and also darkens trim nicely without any streaks or stains like some products can.

It only takes 10-15 minutes added to my normal 2 bucket wash/dry, ease of use is excellent.

For a person who wants just a wash/wax if I'm doing someone else's car, this saves time versus the traditional, wash, dry, wax. On all of the 8 other cars I used it on, everyone liked it.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #34
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'll probably be picking up some more HGG at the fest.
Cool! I'll see you there! I'm attending this year and will be running the booth with one of our distributors.

Quote:
Thanks!

HGG has quickly become my favorite Adams product for lots of reasons.

I'm using this only after a 2 bucket wash, at this point, the paint is clean and free of contaminates that can cause marring of the clear coat.
This makes application IMO very safe for the clear coat.

It also sheets water really well when doing routine washes after application.
Ben told me when I spoke with him at Adams back when this was released, the cars that had HGG on them, the snow was sliding off them up there in Colorado, I can easily see how that was the case.

No buffing is required, simply spray, wipe, dry. If a "spot" shows up where the product wasn't spread properly, just wipe it again with the damp towel and dry. Again very safe for the clear coat.

It adds gloss within the layer of protection, and also darkens trim nicely without any streaks or stains like some products can.

It only takes 10-15 minutes added to my normal 2 bucket wash/dry, ease of use is excellent.

For a person who wants just a wash/wax if I'm doing someone else's car, this saves time versus the traditional, wash, dry, wax. On all of the 8 other cars I used it on, everyone liked it.
The HGG has become a runaway hit... its starting to challenge our DS at the top of the best sellers list, which says a lot b/c nothing has ever dethroned the pink stuff.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Cool! I'll see you there! I'm attending this year and will be running the booth with one of our distributors.

The HGG has become a runaway hit... its starting to challenge our DS at the top of the best sellers list, which says a lot b/c nothing has ever dethroned the pink stuff.
Awesome... a huge jug of HGG for me then. I did actually pull out the pink stuff again last night.

Adams show and shine will be a big hit again this year.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #36
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Definitely buying some HGG at fest as well as more DS and some towels and maybe some brushes if y'all bring some. Adam's polishes is quickly becoming the most expensive thing I have bought for my car. But I LOVE the way it looks after washing
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #37
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Finally used mine today on my new vert. It sure went on easy and the car looked amazing. Do you think I grabbed a pic? No, but get something up soon.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #38
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Definitely buying some HGG at fest as well as more DS and some towels and maybe some brushes if y'all bring some. Adam's polishes is quickly becoming the most expensive thing I have bought for my car. But I LOVE the way it looks after washing

I'll be buy the love too!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote