Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Changing my camaro Build thread

I currently have a 2011 camaro 2ss/rs I am starting a build thread. Currently right now it is white with the inferior orange racing stripes. I just purchased a VIS AM carbon fiber hood. I am also about to purchase the seibon carbon fiber front lip. I wanted to start this thread just for you guys to enjoy this journey with me. Also Maybe help me a little bit with the build. My idea is... I am going to replace the hood. The trunk and the top of my roof i might vinyl wrap it with carbon fiber to match the hood and just leave it as it with no painting. And also the body kit leave it carbon fiber as well. So it'll be a white/carbon fiber camaro. With black wheels. Thoughts?
ClarityCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
ClarityCamaro

So i just ordered the hood! I am attaching a few images of what the hood will look like. Also on the black camaro the sebion carbon fiber front lip is on the front of the black car. I will leave it carbon fiber. As well as the side skirts and the back piece. My question is should i go ahead and buy the trunk carbon fiber as well? And just vinyl the roof in carbon fiber? Or vinyl my trunk? Or is it worth it to buy the trunk that is real carbon fiber like the hood? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
ClarityCamaro

Bump. Anyone know of a good carbon fiber trunk i can purchase with the vis ams hood i just bought? Or just get vinyl wraped? Thoughts?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Vinyl wrap anything you want/can.. Way more cheap solution for a big change
Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Vinyl wrap anything you want/can.. Way more cheap solution for a big change
Do you think i should vinyl it myself or pay someone $300 to put it on? What about the quality of it vs the real carbon fiber? Also looks wise
Old 01-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Seibon makes a pretty awesome carbon trunk, I picked one up recently though I'm currently getting it painted. If I had white I would have left it exposed (only color combo I like with exposed carbon fiber)

A few other companies make carbon trunks as well though, all depends on the company and look you're after
Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
Do they make a glossy cf wrap vinyl? All the cf wrap i see is a matte look...so i dont think it would match the gloss of the vis hood?
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Seibon makes a pretty awesome carbon trunk, I picked one up recently though I'm currently getting it painted. If I had white I would have left it exposed (only color combo I like with exposed carbon fiber)

A few other companies make carbon trunks as well though, all depends on the company and look you're after
I want my exact trunk just in carbon fiber. And the seibon trunks don't look the same as the factory one. The spoiler isn't that great on the seibon imo
Old 01-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
Aequitas & Veritas

They make one that has no spoiler as well as the one with the molded spoiler. I've seen the stock spoiler made in carbon as well. Would just have to combine the two if you wanted to go that route.

Just throwing options your way
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
Do they make a glossy cf wrap vinyl? All the cf wrap i see is a matte look...so i dont think it would match the gloss of the vis hood?
Yeah they do make a glossy type vinyl I forgot the name of the company that makes it. But as seen in the white Camaro above the type of vinyl is different on the roof. But I might as well do it all the same color.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
ClarityCamaro

I'm not sure what route I want to go do you have a picture of your carbon fiber trunk?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
Aequitas & Veritas

Yeah, mine is the molded spoiler since that's what I wanted but Seibon's no spoiler trunk lid should be the same quality. This is it uninstalled (photos from my phone)

Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #13
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Yeah, mine is the molded spoiler since that's what I wanted but Seibon's no spoiler trunk lid should be the same quality. This is it uninstalled (photos from my phone)

Wow that is really nice! I love that trunk! Which one is that exactly? Also I've heard carbon fiber tends to yellow over time. Does the carbon fiber come with a clear coat already?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #14
Aequitas & Veritas

That's the Seibon ST trunk with molded spoiler, I fell in love with it when I saw it on a members car on here.

They are supposed to be clear coated already, I've seen one (which was only one case) that became yellow but worst case scenario could always have a body shop put extra sealant on it. I never worried about it yellowing since I was going to have it painted (currently in the process).