Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
txgoose

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
This is probably beating a dead horse but...

Let me say, I guess I'm not the brightest guy when it comes to wheels and tires. Okay, so I bought 4 20X9 stock rims. I assume they are +35 offset as are my old rear stock rims. I was also under the impression I could put these on all four corners with 275/40 on them. I thought I did all the research needed by checking the C5 forums. Well... they do rub in the front. Now can I just get some spacers and make this work or not? Maybe 5 to 8mm is all it looks like it needs. I don't want it to be dangerous (or stupid).
txgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
What tires are you running? My wifes car has the stock 20x9 with Pirelli 275/40r20 up front and no rubbing. We even AutoX with hard cornering and no issues. Where are you rubbing?
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
txgoose

Actually I got a pretty good deal for the Presidents day sale and bought rims and tires. The tires are Hankook Ventus RH06 in 275/40R20. The guys at Discount Tire said the inner fender. One guy however said the strut. I am gonna mount one and put it on the ground and see for myself. Can't see the year difference in the Camaro making a difference but... Hey, thanks for the response.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Goose.....not that he really matters, but if your wheels you got are OEM....the offset is a +40mm. and I have no idea whey yours rub, as there are a TON of people running that combo, I'm one of them and have been for nearly 2 years, and have never rubbed ONCE.....and some of the guys are even lowered! so I think you may have something else going on.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Goose.....not that he really matters, but if your wheels you got are OEM....the offset is a +40mm. and I have no idea whey yours rub, as there are a TON of people running that combo, I'm one of them and have been for nearly 2 years, and have never rubbed ONCE.....and some of the guys are even lowered! so I think you may have something else going on.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have stock 20x9 all around with 275/35/20 PSS and I am lowered and track my car hard. I have no rubbing issues at all.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
txgoose

Hmmm. Like I said, I need to check this myself. I based my decision on what information I had gotten from the Camaro5 forums. I know those guys see alot of of cars but I didn't see any Camaros in their employee parking area. Could be they are just being "over cautious"?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
txgoose

I bow to the Masters. Looks like those guys were just be cautious. It does appear to to tight under there, but it all fits. I drove around the block a couple of times, cutting the wheel harder at each turn. I heard nothing that sounded bad... as a matter of fact with the Hankooks, it was quieter. Thanks again. Without the reassurance of you guys, I would of probably done a bunch of unneccessary work.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Your more than welcome.....its why we are all here.......well that and the beer!!