Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
Tabes

Drives: 2013 2SS camaro convertible L99
Did I turn my ss dual exhaust into a single with 2 tips??

Bought my car and right away the oem exhaust note sucked! My wife was complaining she did not want it loud, like my gto catback. Came on the forum and found some Solo machxc threads. Members liked the sound good for daily driver etc... I checked out solo's website and purchased the machxc catback.

I have to admit my sons were on my case, to buy an exhaust. I must have been thinking xpipe when I was looking at their muffler. It did not sink in till my shop said thats my muffler (single ). How can going from a dual mufflers to single not be more restrictive?

That being said, Solo had quick ship, great packaging and looks well manufactured.
Tabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #2
Tabes

Drives: 2013 2SS camaro convertible L99
Installation
Attached Images

Tabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabes View Post
Bought my car and right away the oem exhaust note sucked! My wife was complaining she did not want it loud, like my gto catback. Came on the forum and found some Solo machxc threads. Members liked the sound good for daily driver etc... I checked out solo's website and purchased the machxc catback.

I have to admit my sons were on my case, to buy an exhaust. I must have been thinking xpipe when I was looking at their muffler. It did not sink in till my shop said thats my muffler (single ). How can going from a dual mufflers to single not be more restrictive?

That being said, Solo had quick ship, great packaging and looks well manufactured.
Because it`s a single muffler is split into four different chambers.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Solo's "muffler" is actually a muffled X pipe. It may look like you're going dual/single/dual, but you're actually just keeping sort of a muffler to keep you legal in states that require mufflers by muffling the X pipe. Enjoy the sound! Just be forewarned, you're probably going to piss your wife off when you start it up in the garage with long tube headers. Still is calm while cruising, but it's a real beast when you open her up. If staying with stock manifolds and cats, she's still awesome but more tame.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote