Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Coilovers are going to be your best bet, but if you want to go low, you'll need to play it safe. All of the coilovers that are put on the market have some sort of testing, but nothing is as close to the testing that KW puts on their coilovers. KW coilovers are TUV approved, which is the highest level of certification in Europe (KW is German made). But the funny thing is with KW, is that they received that TUV certification on every ride height level, so if you want it dumped to the ground, the KW coilovers are TUV approved for that (mind you, still the most strict and most difficult approval rating to get anywhere for coilovers). So if you want to go low and safe, but don't want to pay for bags, KW's are going to be your best bet, which is why I have KW's on my current car, and had KW's on my previous car.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I believe hotchkis also makes a 1.7" / 1.8" split drop

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Anything lower than 2" IMO will be too low for DD because of the design of the rear upper control arm.
You will blow out the front bushing because there is limits to its movement. If you go too low and you will have that bushing maxed out and will damage it.
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote