Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdad View Post
I still have to quiz dealers on the correct Oil change, check and fill procedures on my 08 Z06.?
And lets not even start about having to worry about them lifting them without destroying the rockers......It still amazes me with dealerships shitty attitudes....:(
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Dakaza

Drives: 86 IROC, #254 ZL1,11 Cruze, others.
Fatherdad, this BLACK car has consumed my life. It will never be perfect but I will continue to try.
Black cars are not for perfectionists.
My wife thinks I'm insane.
Your kid,
WA
Dakaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What is the protocol when a new car comes out like this one that has special requirements to get the training needed to the dealers from the factory? Should they have had a training program to make sure that all dealers are current with the product that they sell.

In my business if you don't stay up with the new products and the procedures to work and install them you could kill someone. To me there is a break in the process somewhere if this important info isn't getting to all the dealers and their techs.
search.

All dealers that were given ZL1 allocations recieved this update from GM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBODYMAN View Post
Finally...Just got a call an hour ago that my car #305 has made it to the dealership. Cant wait the pick it up in a few hours..

I asked if they have any idea how to prep a ZL1. The Dealership figured it was like any Camaro. I informed them that GM has service information specific to a ZL1 about removing the spring spacers, installing the front bumper outer valance panels and to hand wash the car among other details..

I requested the leaving the interior of the car as it shipped less cleaning up the drivers floor area.. The exterior will get a normal prep.. I have purchased several Camaros at this dealer and they have never put swirl marks in the paint from washing..

I know this has been posted else where but here it is again just in case someone missed it.. Might want to let your dealer know in advance..

Quality Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Please be sure to review the PDI and CSDS forms published for this vehicle. There are several special inspections items highlighted for this vehicle vs. others. Additionally the CSDS form has important customer education pieces that we have learned during our Captured Test Fleet process. Report any product issues via Field Product Report. Refer to the latest version of Corporate Bulletin 02-00-89-002 titled "Information for Dealers on How to Submit a Field Product Report." Canadian dealers should refer to the latest version of Corporate Bulletin Number 10-00-89-006.

• Install front bumper outer valance panels.

• Remove the spring spacers from the front suspension and place them in the glove box for the customer. If the car is to be on a trailer for any reason, the spacers need to be placed back in the front springs to obtain ground clearance.

Note: Initially, the ZL1 Camaro front spring spacers will be black. In near future, they will be made yellow for easier visibility.

• Hand wash the car. Due to the larger width wheels, most car wash tracks will not accommodate the wider wheels.

• Do NOT apply wax or polish to the flat black portion of the hood or extractors. Applying wax or polish to this portion of the hood will result in a cloudy haze to the finish.

• Premium Fuel Only.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
fatherdad

Drives: C6 Z06, Buick Regal TO7, 97 Camaro
It seems this thread has turned into, somewhat, of a vent fest. Despite the problems this is still an awesome feat of engineering and we remain a very loyal GM family.
These are simple issues when we, take the time to, make each other aware of them.
Hopefully, Mr. Goodwrench will catch up. Therein lies the bottle neck GM.
fatherdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
kush396

Drives: chevy
I know somebody that works at this dealer and he told me that a guy that ordered a Zl1 for his son and that he had a corvette and this person told the dealer not to touch this car at all do not put gas in it do not do drive not anything????????????
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
fatherdad

That is incorrect, the instruction was not to wash the vehicle QC inspection only. That was reiterated on several occasions.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #35
fatherdad

And I never mentioned the dealer. This isn't the only dealer missing this stuff.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #36
Dakaza

Drives: 86 IROC, #254 ZL1,11 Cruze, others.
Lol! Kush. I wish fatherdad had bought the car for me. Your post makes no sense. I don't know of any dealer that would sell a car without doing standard qc inspection. The only thing I directed the dealer not to do was to not wash the vehicle. Even at that, the car still had swirls. Get your facts right dude. What a bunch of kidders.
Dakaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #37
fatherdad

One more clarification Kush396 my son ordered the ZL1, my son paid for the ZL1, his 2nd new Camaro in 3 years but his father, me, doe's own a Corvette.
And the only reason, we were told, that they didn't put gas in the car, was that they didn't have Premium at the dealer.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Hmm, we always gassed them up at the gas station and had a CC just for that. But if i was buying one I would specifically request they dont do shit to it. I especially hate those vinyl dealer stickers. If they want to pay me for advertising then I will let them put them on.

The tech can flag the hours for PDI and I can do it myself
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #39
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
There are good and bad dealerships. Maybe I am just lucky, the two that I deal with are excellent in every way. I have dealt with Macmulkin Chevrolet in Nashua NH for many years and they always treat me right and they are Camaro and Corvette fans! Tom Henry I don't think needs any kudos here, but so far he has been extremely helpful through the process and if Dragoneye uses him, he must be great, right?
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #40
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
PDI
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
fatherdad

We to hooked up with our present Chevy dealer 2 years ago after issues with another and have been, up to this point, very satisfied. That is why I haven't been dropping names,
this is really about a point of information for anyone in the community that may be able to avoid the same issues, though there was a bit of venting creeping in. As it stands now, we have refilled and burped the intercooler and it appears to be circulating properly the plug will be in Monday, directly from manufacturer.
I am very curious to see if anyone else has the same problem with the intercooler cap. By the way the filler cap is hidden nicely under the Super Charger Cover so it will be easy to miss.
I'm also thinking about some sort of "Air intake temp" gauge as no codes were set due to the lack of coolant. Probably because the engine rpm has been under 4000rpm keeping intake temps within perimeters. I can't wait to for the 1500 mile mark so we can see how the ZL1 will stack up against my Z06. I'll just have to wait. Josh is just like his Grandpa when it comes to vehicle break in, there will be, "No wine before its Time"
Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #42
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
If the intercooler cap is hiding under the red supercharger shroud.....I KNOW it's NOT on the PDI list. As an employee of a Chevy dealer and having my customers pick up their ZL1 today I know we didn't. Doesn't make us an idiot, and I take offense to that. PDI doesn't go over every nut and bolt like the factory assembling the cars do. We highlight the major points we are told to inspect before the car is sold.

I'm sorry fatherdad had to experience this and I hope it is an isolated weird issue.

YES, we removed the yellow spring spacers. No we are not idiots
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote