Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
There is not one dealer that was allocated 17 Camaros the first week. If you are going by what he said, your car will be built with the other 16 the week of 3/23. If he is telling you the truth, you and 16 other customers from that dealer will all be getting their cars at the end of April/early May.

Not happening.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
There is not one dealer that was allocated 17 Camaros the first week. If you are going by what he said, your car will be built with the other 16 the week of 3/23. If he is telling you the truth, you and 16 other customers from that dealer will all be getting their cars at the end of April/early May.

Not happening.
I do believe we're seeing the ever-confusing use of different definitions for allocation... I'm going to assume he's referring to PGN which could have been 17, why not? My point being that he seems to be talking about a "small town" dealership, hence the "to me that is impressive" in the first post. I personally just have a hard time believing in that scenario 17 people walked in week one with deposits in hand, hence my "your dealer is FOS".

All that having been said, the question at hand was whether, ordering at #17 of 17, he would be the last to get his car. My response...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #31
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
You are correct that the terminolgy may be incorrect.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #32
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I do believe we're seeing the ever-confusing use of different definitions for allocation... I'm going to assume he's referring to PGN which could have been 17, why not? My point being that he seems to be talking about a "small town" dealership, hence the "to me that is impressive" in the first post. I personally just have a hard time believing in that scenario 17 people walked in week one with deposits in hand, hence my "your dealer is FOS".

All that having been said, the question at hand was whether, ordering at #17 of 17, he would be the last to get his car. My response...

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #33
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
I would not say its a small town really at all. Burleson is a suburb of DFW. 5a football, no that s not a small town. All I know is I received my letters and all that good stuff, but kinda wish I would of done some homework on the way allocation works. That is exactly what I have been down about, I could have ordered a month later than I did, at a different dealership, and more than likely got my car much soon than I will now. Only, GM really knows, but please add on to the opinions and views its all interesting to me, and most likely helpful.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #34
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
I would not say its a small town really at all. Burleson is a suburb of DFW. 5a football, no that s not a small town. All I know is I received my letters and all that good stuff, but kinda wish I would of done some homework on the way allocation works. That is exactly what I have been down about, I could have ordered a month later than I did, at a different dealership, and more than likely got my car much soon than I will now. Only, GM really knows, but please add on to the opinions and views its all interesting to me, and most likely helpful.
If it's any consolation, while not a FACT, I am confident that the "All initial allocation orders will be filled by the end of October" is a safe estimate. My guess, assuming all actually goes according to plan, is that it'll be more like end of July- mid August.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #35
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
I was thinking that also. But part of me wants to think sooner, however, I'm also considering going with the 2ss, mainly because I do want the leather.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #36
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
my2010camaross, your dealer may very well have been allowed 17 pre-order cars from the beginning of production through Q3, and possibly all 17 slots were fill by early buyers in the first week. But those 17 pre-orders can only be submitted for production as allowed by the monthly concensus report, and it appears GM is spreading each dealer's total number out over the six month period, March through September. I doubt your dealer was told by the March concensus he can submit more than 2 or 3 cars for production.
With a one month production delay, I wouldn't look for my car before September if you are order #17.