Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Yup, regular hood. That should have raised a flag before I even got into the car.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
camaroz06, the LEAST I would do is get ahold of Hertz's HOME OFFICE and talk to them, not the local office your dealing with.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Fraud... or a lot of troll work. Hard to believe a chain would be rebadging cars.
Nope, no troll work while on vacation. Anyways its too hot to do troll work in Hawaii. Just laying on the beach

I found it mind blowingly hard to believe, now I'm finding it hard on what to actually do. I dont want to waste my vacation time since we dont have much time left in HI.

It is clearly fraud, or Hertz got supremely screwed when buying this "SS" either way its really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
camaroz06, the LEAST I would do is get ahold of Hertz's HOME OFFICE and talk to them, not the local office your dealing with.
Yeah, I had to call them yesterday since I couldn't get into contact with the local office right away. The main offices are supposed to call me back later today. I did end up getting in contact with the local office to make sure the upcharge was taken off, but again anyone else who ended up with this car should get a refund.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
I found it mind blowingly hard to believe, now I'm finding it hard on what to actually do. I dont want to waste my vacation time since we dont have much time left in HI.

It is clearly fraud, or Hertz got supremely screwed when buying this "SS" either way its really bad.

Yeah, I had to call them yesterday since I couldn't get into contact with the local office right away. The main offices are supposed to call me back later today. I did end up getting in contact with the local office to make sure the upcharge was taken off, but again anyone else who ended up with this car should get a refund.
I would take a video with your phone walking around the car showing the SS badge on a car with no mail slot, then opening the hood to reveal the V6. You'll then have better visual proof of fraud than the pictures you posted. If you don't get what you want then up to YouTube it goes.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #19
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncer72 View Post
I'd sue. Raise a stink, get the news involved. Hertz will settle. Blatant misdirection and false advertising.
yes cuz America needs another frivolous lawsuit I'm sure there was serious mental suffering over this.

I wonder where they got that car. The only indication of it being an "SS" is the badging.

I travel constantly on business and have had a look at a lot of the Mustangs and Vettes and Camaros and have never seen anything like this. I would be curious if this is an anomaly or some sort of intentional fraud.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Yeah you will need better pictures cause right now they could easily say you took the picture of the SS of their car, then the motor of another.

I'd like to see a video...cause right now I'm on the fence of weather or not serious or a troll.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sue them...get an SS with the money for freee
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncer72 View Post
I'd sue. Raise a stink, get the news involved. Hertz will settle. Blatant misdirection and false advertising.

Apparently that's the answer for everything now: SUE!!!

The best thing you can do is just bring it to the attention of Hertz. If need be, open the hood and educate them.

Or, you could always rectify the situation by purchasing some fishing line at a local store and removing the SS logo yourself

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #23
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thank god I rent from Avis.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spikeIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. Oh I did throw a fit yesterday, ended up getting the rental for the price we were originally going to pay for a full size, so even less than their regular Camaro rental would cost.

This just seems wrong, how can they do this? It seems to be a fully loaded LT with SS badges. I dont know if I should tell anyone else...I had honestly thought on e-mailing the Hawaii attorney general. Maybe a bit over the top but this is certainly false advertising.

I would just feel really bad for people thinking they are getting an SS and paying for a V8 specialty car when they are getting a fully loaded LT instead.
I don't care what rental company it is, cause that is just deceiving people. And all you have to do is look at the front of the car and if there is no slot in the front on top where the hood opens it's a V6. I would have turned them in right away & you should not have had too pay at all.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

Apparently that's the answer for everything now: SUE!!!

The best thing you can do is just bring it to the attention of Hertz. If need be, open the hood and educate them.

Or, you could always rectify the situation by purchasing some fishing line at a local store and removing the SS logo yourself
This! Go to court over rebadging a car? False advertisement yes, but what will that get you, your money back? I guess claim mental anguish and say you are scared for life because you were duped into driving a 6. Relax folks. I'd be upset too and would definately talk to someone in authority, but suing? Geez.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
The likeliest scenario I see is that some yahoo rented the car, perhaps for a relatively extended period of time, and spent just a few extra bucks to slap some SS badges on there, in order to look cooler for a few days. Back in the day when rental cars had their owner's company plastered on the bumper, when I rented, I'd slap a generic bumper sticker on top of their sticker just to hide the shame of driving a rental. Upbadging is for losers, in my book, but if some renter did that, it's entirely conceivable that the rental agents, not always being car savvy, would henceforth believe that it IS an SS... "'cause it says so right dang there!"
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Thank god I rent from Avis.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
So why did you rent the V6 and then YOU put the SS emblems on it? Was'nt there a poser thread about people rebadging their cars and telling everyone they has a SS? Even SS owners making their cars into ZL1's. So now people are renting V6 cars and posing as SS renters?

Last time I rented a Chevy HHR I bought a magnetic bumper sticker that had something about cops and doughnuts just so it did not look like a rental.

(this post is just to make light of the situation no harm or foul was intended)

Enjoy your vacation in HI
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote