Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Just brought home a fresh SIM 2LT RS from PA!

Mom wanted a Camaro, for looks and to get some zoom vs. her '08 Malibu 2LT and set me on a shopping mission.

Found her a few examples, and after an afternoon shopping trip north through DE and just over the line into PA, she signed papers & drove home her new Silver Ice/Black 2LT RS with Polished Wheels & Auto from Jeff D'Ambrosio in Oxford, PA. Love it and the dealer made it a pleasure!

Originally did an email quote on the same car in Cyber Gray, but it sold in the past week, and arrived today not sure if this silver one was in stock yet or not among the others they also had. Low and behold it alone had JUST rolled off the truck this morning, not even PDI'd yet, and with the same price/options, the quote was the same. Supplier price for credit union membership, $500 rebate instead of 60-day, $750 USAA, and then the Malibu trade. In the end all worked out smoothly and Jeff D'Ambrosio and our salesman were dreams to deal with--especially vs. some of the dealers in southern DE. Like ordering a car, fresh off the truck and everything, in the perfect combo but with 0 wait and for a great price--doesn't get much better
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
GoodTimes

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2002 Grand Am GT
So you have a beautiful brand new SIM Camaro... and a 09 G8 GT. I'll have to say that I am Jealous
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
caddycruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
So you have a beautiful brand new SIM Camaro... and a 09 G8 GT. I'll have to say that I am Jealous
Yeah...somehow my immediate family always does things in multiples. Had 2 Fleetwoods, had 2 Malibus, now have 2 GM Zetas...fun to compare the latest, for obvious reasons
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Looks good! Nice car combo
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
caddycruiser

24 hours in and doing good, it seems. Off for the week, she drove it to work to put on a show "it gets so much attention even just rolling down the road" and then got home to at least figure out changing over her Onstar & XM.

This was from early morning today

She's smitten. Still can't use a thing or figure out what does what, but I'll have to do a training seminar by this weekend. Funny, the sales guy popped the hood to show her the engine while still "looking" and she just went :huh: ...okay. Gidgets & gadgets. At 23 months, she had just barely crossed figuring out all the Malibu stuff...month 20 was the first time an Aux. cable & iPod were used. Really, hah. On the drive home I was trying to describe that she now has a full on USB iPod interface, but baby steps, baby steps.

So...I love it as a piece of art and that DI 3.6L...but my G8 is like a burly growling luxury sedan version and I'm just more used to it. I'd go with either, but a G8 first just for the drive & package, and a Camaro for a fun coupe to also get some looks in. Or...why not have both? Heehee.

Oddest part of all? 25+ minutes with the insurance company at the dealer to switch things, they couldn't read the vin, rep (tried days before, too, to see, same thing) had no clue what a Camaro was and had to "make it up" with basic specs in their system. Insane for a large insurance company and a car that's been out for a little while now. AIG, amazing.