Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
vectormotor,what do you set shift points at on stock L99? that would be my concern if it shifts to early or to late.
200 RPM over stock. We have found this to be the best for performance.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Kirk and Mike,

Do both of your products support correcting the speedo for rear gears? I assume it's the same "change" as tire size. I'm close to choosing a tuner and have 3:73s on order with LTs coming next.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #17
kelley@vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don O View Post
Kirk and Mike,

Do both of your products support correcting the speedo for rear gears? I assume it's the same "change" as tire size. I'm close to choosing a tuner and have 3:73s on order with LTs coming next.

Don O
We can correct the speedometer for different gears or tire size. We have specific calibrations for Kooks, ARH & Stainless Works headers.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #18
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk@VectorMotorsports View Post
We can correct the speedometer for different gears or tire size. We have specific calibrations for Kooks, ARH & Stainless Works headers.
Thanks,

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Slightly off topic...

Kirk, How about your VMS hardware vs lets say HP Tuners std, how do they compare?
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #20
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
Well.. I'll be looking for a tune pretty soon also .. I have a L99 .. so let me get this straight .. With the Predator I will not be able to do the TCM for the Automatic? and with the Vectormotorsports I will not get the Data logging (I do have a laptop with Excel)? .. I really would like both!

Last edited by tony1; 03-07-2010 at 06:44 AM.
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #21
kelley@vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
Slightly off topic...

Kirk, How about your VMS hardware vs lets say HP Tuners std, how do they compare?
Hardware wise they are very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
Well.. I'll be looking for a tune pretty soon also .. I have a L99 .. so let me get this straight .. With the Predator I will not be able to do the TCM for the Automatic? and with the Vectormotorsports I will not get the Data logging (I do have a laptop with Excel)? .. I really would like both!
We support the TCM AND data logging. Our data logger opens Excel automatically (if you have Excel) if not you can play the log back in the program itself.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
We have unparalleled transmission support right now. Check the G8 forums, same transmission & same calibration and over 600 under our belt.

With our system you can return to stock any time you want. Also, you can have UNLIMITED calibrations for your car. Updates are free for as long as you own your car.

I saved the best for last, we have specific CAI calibrations for most every CAI on the market. There is no such thing as a generic CAI calibration. You tell us the CAI you have and we have a specific calibration for that exact one. Add headers, we have a specific calibration for ARH, Stainless Works & Kooks also. Decide to add one of our cam packages, we have a specific calibration for those also.

You can log data and check and clear codes. We have done all of the work for you through 100's of hours of dyno testing on multiple vehicles with most every combination of mods you can think of. This is all we do, ONLY late model GM vehicles. Period.
I'd like to consider your option. Seems like a more than fair deal.

I have Thorley LT's and Catback and a RotaFab CAI.....I'm in the middle of deciding on one of a few cams that aren't Vector MS branded.

I'll still be able to get updates and tweaks to my tune if I were to go with a Vector MS tune?? Even if my aftermarket add-ons are other brands?

For the life of my car...???

Why isn't everyone jumping on this??? Seems too good to be true.

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
kelley@vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
I'd like to consider your option. Seems like a more than fair deal.

I have Thorley LT's and Catback and a RotaFab CAI.....I'm in the middle of deciding on one of a few cams that aren't Vector MS branded.

I'll still be able to get updates and tweaks to my tune if I were to go with a Vector MS tune?? Even if my aftermarket add-ons are other brands?

For the life of my car...???

Why isn't everyone jumping on this??? Seems too good to be true.

-Ivan
You may want to wait on a cam as we are adding 2 more grinds to our line-up. Our current Stage 1 cam just gained 70 HP & 68 Lb/Tq at 5500 RPM and gained 95 HP and 76 Lb/Tq at 6500. This was on two different Camaros last week.

We do support modifications from other vendors also. And yes, for as long as you own your car.

If you purchase a cam kit from us we will have a specific calibration for that unique set-up. By mid this week we are going to put all of our Camaro Packages on sale with the correct calibration included for each of them.

Your right, why isn't everyone jumping on this. We have sold almost 100 specific mod tunes to 2010 Camaro owners.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #24
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Why isn't everyone jumping on this???

Bad Karma
I jumped on it and no regrets. The Vector Motorsports team has great support. I started with a CAI and now adding Kooks. Kirk had a new tune to me for the headers in no time. Also, good news about datalogging capabilities. I'll check that out as soon as I get some free time and dry weather.

Dave
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
KMSRS2SS
I lurk

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I had the pleasure of meeting Kirk and visiting the shop last Saturday. Top notch guys, with a top notch shop. I would highly recommend them for any tuning need.
KMSRS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #26
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
off topic, kinda

First, I agree that Vector is the way to go...If I hypothetically tune, then I would use them

Now, a question for VMS. Adding ARH LTs with Airaid CAI, what all is changed for a LS3? It's more than just screwing with the O2 sensors, right? thanks
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #27
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybucket99 View Post
First, I agree that Vector is the way to go...If I hypothetically tune, then I would use them

Now, a question for VMS. Adding ARH LTs with Airaid CAI, what all is changed for a LS3? It's more than just screwing with the O2 sensors, right? thanks
Tuning with different CAI's will typically start with rescaling the MAF tables to get the fuel trims inline. After that there is a lot of mid map spark blending for drive-ability as well as fuel economy. A calibration will tune more than just wide open throttle, it should be as if it were supposed to be there.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #28
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Any CALs for shorties?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote