Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #981
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I here ya! I just turned 50, but feel 30.
At 62, I don't feel that much different than I did at 30 other than some aches and pains, I have to wait for the ibuprofen to kick in while drinking my morning coffee. In spite of that, I still listen to Zeppelin and Robin Trower and love to drive fast with the sounds cranked up, especially if there are a lot of twists and turns!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #982
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
I don't expect anything to be announced until the ZL1 is on the streets. Just give it some time and keep Z faith.
We are on standby, and staying focused....
Quote:
I here ya! I just turned 50, but feel 30.
Don't ever change...LOL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
At 62, I don't feel that much different than I did at 30 other than some aches and pains, I have to wait for the ibuprofen to kick in while drinking my morning coffee. In spite of that, I still listen to Zeppelin and Robin Trower and love to drive fast with the sounds cranked up, especially if there are a lot of twists and turns!
Clyde
ROFLMAO....ain't llife a _itch...!, ; adendum: your'e never too old to rock 'n roll...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
Well Said Old School !!
Thank you sir...
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #983
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I have a '73 Z28, it's midnight blue....I want a new Z-28...in IBM blue. I sold myself that a ZL1 was going to have to be a compromise for me. This thread, you guys, GM info (*reading into whats been said) and all the time inbetween the release of the initial information and this inane waiting has made me understand what I really wanted, a matching bookend IBM Z28, not ZL1. I will drop 60 K on exactly what I want, if that is what a Z28 will cost, so be it. What's a real shame is that there is sooo much wait and see between the big two, especially on Chevy's end. It is taking Chevy how much time to get the ZL1 out? Please don't explain to me about what they have been saying to defend their position, it's all been said before, and I bought into it too. Sorry, I don't want to keep having to buy into the company party line about all the testing and validation. They spent less time on the Saturn V rocket for cryin out loud. Put the freakin thing out there, sell what you can, build the gosh darn Z28 without all the delay and dilly dally. Heck, for decades they weren't so concerned about the end product, now these babies are hot again and they are draggin their feet. Creating hype to sell a product. Look, for us older peeps with the spendable income to buy these outlandish models they don't need no hype. They aren't going to sell a ton of 'em anyway because of the cost. I don't wanna be the guy thinking "geez, I really want a Z28 but I gotta buy a ZL1 'cause that''ll be it", then oingo boingo a Z-28 comes out a year later. I am an old guy and running out of time, sorry for my rant and impatience but I will be patient even longer because I won't be all pent up and agitated waiting for something I really want rather than wait for something I convinced myself I wanted and made a compromise on. I'm officially off the fence. I just want a low rider, stiff and harsh suspension, gearing and rubber to match with a stick and a big arse N/A motor, with kick butt stereo sat radio...I want to wind and twist at high RPM's while blasting the radio. I'm not hard to please, plush and cozy ain't my dealio....my sig pic say's it all......
Wow! "Feelin' that way too" (Journey)
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #984
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Clyde
Rock n roll and muscle cars make me happy as well.
Oh, I'm a Van Halen diehard myself.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #985
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Rock n roll and muscle cars make me happy as well.
Oh, I'm a Van Halen diehard myself.
heh-heh., luv VH...And I'm alone, I'm on the highway, wanted dead or alive

Quote:
Wow! "Feelin' that way too" (Journey)
oh yeah!..., Journey... Don't stop believin'...hold on to that feelin'

No, you're never too old to Rock'n'Roll if you're too young to die.
Jethro Tull
Old 09-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #986
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Got R&R, Just add a 2013 Z28 and it's complete bliss.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #987
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Regarding the new photos on the ZL1 page, isn't a ram air hood usually an NA thing not FI?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #988
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Regarding the new photos on the ZL1 page, isn't a ram air hood usually an NA thing not FI?
My guess is they are fighting heat soak.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #989
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Pete I believe you hit it on the head.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #990
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Looking at the new "testing" pics closely, I believe the cheap looking hood is hiding a hood. I'm definately thinking Z28. Why not hide the Z28 by making it look like the ZL1 as much as possible? Also it looks like a mesh in the what would be brake cooling duct area. Plus where is the ZL1's side aero? Testing the Z28 could take another year plus putting it out far after the ZL1's huge "entry" has passed.

Chevy has to keep the excitement comin'! So I do believe this is a Z28.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #991
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I apologise for being so quiet lately. I have been reading tea leaves and connecting the dots. The release of the ZL1 power numbers provide a couple of key dots. Chevrolet found quite a bit of power in that 'off the shelf' LSA....

I speak with quite a few GM 'insiders' at this time of year for various SEMA projects. I have been trying to read between the lines of all these conversations. I failed to identify a single solid clue to the existence of a LS7 Camaro program from anyone at GM

Here is the good news. My anonymous sources at Ford and Chrysler insist there is a LS7 Camaro development program that is probably a Z/28

Before we get too excited, I was watching a WW II history program this week. Before the Normandy invasion the Allies built an army out of inflatable tanks, trucks and planes. With that caveat allow me to connect a few more dots.

The ZL1 'borrows' off the shelf bits from the Vette and discontinued CTS-V track pack for various coolers. All of that is now available for a LS7 Z/28 project if Chevrolet chooses to use it

Corvette sales have been soft. The new C7 is at least two years out. It would only make sense to continue the current direction of the Vette i.e. the Z06 Carbon kit with an 'enhanced' LS7. That enhanced (read as more HP and more TQ) LS7 would be prefect for the Z/28

Without any confirmation of any kind from inside GM, I couldn't even get one of those 'I think I saw a flash of a smile' moments as a soft confirmation so I am connecting dots from GM press releases, past GM SEMA projects, ZL1 details, Vette details and counter intelligence from Ford and Chrysler to come to a conclusion.

Add in the mystery hood on the ZL1 camo car posted here... Ford and Chrysler guys calling it a done deal.... extra power in the LSA.... available coolers off the shelf from the Camaro parts bin... a few tea leaves in the bottom of my morning cupper and we have a .....
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #992
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
It would be rather easy to throw a ZL1 hood onto "another" model just to throw people off.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #993
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Thanks Pete. The dots are filling in.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #994
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Did we ever decide if the Z/28 has to beat the ZL1 around a road course? Like the Boss beating the GT500?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro