Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Front License Plate Bracket

Just posting this in response to the new frontal shots we got; I was always against having a front license plate on my car and the pix we got just reaffirmed my stance. I did a search online for states that don't require front plates so I can possibly get a car w/o holes in the front fascia for that damed bracket and ran across this. Hope it's helpful to you somebody here... looks like I'll be flying out to AZ and taking a road trip home for mine!

Last edited by blackZbandit; 07-12-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Rock on Florida!!!!
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Well I guess I can hope to get stationed back in North Carolina again between now and when I plan on getting my Camaro. That is where mine was originally purchased, but as you can see in my signature, my car is registered in Vermont which does require the Front plate. When I bought the car, the bracket was in the trunk, at first I didn't have the bracket on the car after registering it, but got stopped and a cop wrote me a ticket, but was informed that the fine would be waived if I took the car to the court house and showed the bracket installed with the plate on it. Didn't want to pay the fine, so installed the bracket.

Could always buy the car in NC again or any other front plateless state and since I don't drive to VT that often not put the front plate on since most other state law enforcement agencies aren't gonna push for the front plate since I am not in VT more than likely.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they would design it in a way you didn't need to drill holes in your bumper.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
now is it FOR SURE that the states that dont require it wont have the plates in front?
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Ya know....if your state requires a front plate, (like this one), I think it might be a good idea to suggest to your state's legislature to make it law to only run a rear plate. WHY? Well, if you cut the plate requirement in HALF, then the state saves 50% on plate costs! Oh, wait...that would make too much sense.....
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
LegacyZ28

Drives: 1991 Jaguar XJ6
I believe the cost is the plates was factored into the cost for registration of your veicle.
I don't mind both of them, it makes it easier to catch criminals.
It's only a 25$ fine in California anyways, if it's that important to you just drive without one.
LegacyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I hate stupid Massachusetts, if you've lived here long enough to have the old green plate you don't have to run a front plate. When I buy my car I am going to ask them to just zip tie the plate to the grill to get me through inspection. Then yank the plate off and test my luck.
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
My front bracket on my '01 "broke off" and i just put the plate in the front window. not sure what the exact law is but shouldn't that be enough to satisfy the cops?
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
yeah, I live in ohio so I have to have both (one of the reasons I ADORE the C5 'Vette) but after seeing the picture of the Camaro with the bracket on the front, I don't think it looks bad.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
but after seeing the picture of the Camaro with the bracket on the front, I don't think it looks bad.
I wouldn't say it looks bad either... just not as good!
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
-RO- Upgrade

Drives: 3.4 v6, black CamaRO
Send a message via Yahoo to -RO- Upgrade
Yea I have been pulled over in Tx. cause I dont use a front plate...lol Stupid sh!t
Old 07-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I don't care lol...no front plate for me.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
actually i read somewhere that in some areas that require 2 plates if your car was not designed to have a front plate and you require to drill holes to mount a factory plate bracket to mount it you are exempt. you just have to keep the front plate in the car some where. i know the pontiac solstice roadster has a plate bracket that is designed to attach to the 'grilles' in the facia using the existing holes in the 'honeycomb' texture area. my hobby shop guy has a regular solstice roadster and his front plate looks good, no need to drill holes at all!

I am sure that GM will have a bracket that will attach to the 'grille' intake between the fog/driving lights that will be able to be installed with no drilling and can be removed if you go to a area that DOES require 2 plates. as for california being a 2 state plate i was there for 2 weeks and almost ALL cars there only had them on the back .