Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
More help with my install plz

Due to the lack of pictures I'm unsure of the orientation for the end links on my pedders coilovers. Are the knuckles on the correct side on the top and bottom? Or do the need to be changed. This pic is forward looking back in the driver side. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374851445.498958.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  169.3 KB

Also, how the hell do you tighten the top strut nut? I can barely get a wrench on that thing since its in a bowl. Can't use a socket since you need to hold it still with a 5mm Allen. Thanks guys.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Bottom is correct, don't remember about the top. one thing to make sure is that the bearing on the end link is perpendicular to each mount when you tighten the jam nut. this is to make sure you have full articulation of the bearing without binding.

As far as the top nut on the coilovers, I used an open end wrench.

Hope that helps.

I won't be able to help on the top end link mount until I get home later tonight, but hopefully someone else will be in to help before that.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
I did the open ended wrench too. Hard to torque to spec that way. I hope it's tight enough. I used loctite just in case.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
TLSTWIN

ok, after looking at my car, I have the endlink on the coil over mounted on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
I did the open ended wrench too. Hard to torque to spec that way. I hope it's tight enough. I used loctite just in case.
The nut torque isn't a big deal. The only purpose of the "cone" shaped top piece and the nut are only there to keep the coilover from falling out if for some reason the tire were to come off the ground (airborne). It isn't like the torque is crucial as to hold something tight in place like a cylinder head bolt, or intake manifold... Make sense?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
TLSTWIN

Not sure if you took that picture prior to completion, but make sure you get that sensor line back in place.

It appears you have the endlink installed properly