Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #15
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
From what I gather, it is more of a fully boxed-in system. K&N and others only box 2 sides, which could allow more engine heat to get drawn into filter reducing efficiency. Also the CAI looks to be insulated making it even cooler. I saw the design and with a little ingenuity, I could fully box and insulate Typhoon as well.

Both need intake snorkel added..
What he said. And superior build quality and fitment. Also the tube is insulated supposedly making for less heatsoak.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : 1LE Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I went from the Airaid with a life time stock filter

To a CAInductions from RDP. The big difference is that the Airaid sat on the radiator and overflow tube. Although the tech from K&N said that the air was moving too fast and the tube was plastic, it wouldn't pick up any heat; still, I had my doubts. It's a toss up between RotoFab and CAI but both isolate the air intake and CAI insulates it's airbox. If you have a filter just sticking on the end of a tube, you're not getting cold air, just warm/hot engine air.

This is my CAI

Last edited by OlePhu; 05-23-2017 at 05:09 AM.
OlePhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:07 AM   #17
dankv6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesW View Post
Keep an eye on the "for sale by owner" section here on C5. There are usually some CAI take offs for sale at a substantial savings. I picked up my Ingen very reasonably and it had hardly any miles on it.
Sweet I will definitely do that
Im thinking I'll hold out for the cold air inductions one
Thanks for the help everyone
dankv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #18
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
I went with a Volant last year and have been pleased with it. Very nice quality and fits & looks like it came from the factory (wife didn't even notice).
Double check, but I think there's a $40 rebate right now on them.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #19
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
I will say the cai looks good .
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #20
djcolopi

Drives: Inferno Orange Twin Turbo V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlePhu View Post
I went from the Airaid with a life time stock filter

To a CAInductions from RDP. The big difference is that the Airaid sat on the radiator and overflow tube. Although the tech from K&N said that the air was moving too fast and the tube was plastic, it wouldn't pick up any heat; still, I had my doubts. It's a toss up between RotoFab and CAI but both isolate the air intake and CAI insulates it's airbox. If you have a filter just sticking on the end of a tube, you're not getting cold air, just warm/hot engine air.

This is my CAI

For a second I just saw the painted fuse box and engine cover and I was like damn thats my car haha
Performance - Weight Reduction - 313 lbs; JacFab LFX Ported Intake Manifold; Overkill 80mm Throttle Body; ZL1 Fuel Pump; SS Brakes; BMR Suspension; Lingenfelter Drag Coilovers; B&M TransCooler; 3.27 LSD
Exterior - VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood; Flow-Tie; ZL1 Bumper & Rear Diffuser; Style 41 ZL Wheels; RPI Taillight Bezels - Inferno Orange
Interior - Inferno Orange Interior; Rear Seat Delete; Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats & 5pt Harness
Instagram - djcolopi_lfx
Sponsored by Corbeau & BCS
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #21
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
For a second I just saw the painted fuse box and engine cover and I was like damn thats my car haha
that's it. using leftover paint to do this! OMG, so much yellow!! Go team Chevy!!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #22
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
I will say the cai looks good .
Thank you, sir. Sounds even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I think you might have a little more muscle though

Quote:
that's it. using leftover paint to do this! OMG, so much yellow!! Go team Chevy!!
It was only logical ... engine cover was off and I had paint but taping it off was a PITA ... Fuse box was eazy-peazy and adds a nice touch.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #23
dankv6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
It does look really good I'm definitely putting that on my to do list
dankv6 is offline   Reply With Quote