Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 PM   #43
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I think the paint cracked from the top of the strut rotating with the cap half off. The crooked cap turned with the top of the strut and that pushed against the underside of the hood as it turned cracking the paint and slightly denting the hood.

What concerns me more is the ultra tight clearance in that area. Obviously, it seems to be a very tight fit where the hood is located above the strut towers. The hood actually has huge cutouts on the underside panel.

I wonder if this is a design problem from using a sleeker, lower profile hoodline on the existing Zeta chassis?
This sounds logical...
OK, back from the dealer... This is being covered, everything else looks OK. I am going to get some type of aftermarket cover that covers the whole "cap"... Or I may just silicone the cap onto the nut. Strangest thing, would have never thought it could happen but obviously the chance does exist... Check your caps!
Thanks
Dan
Old 06-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #44
14ssrs6man

UPDATE:
Good Morning,
back in March of this year, the hood on my 2014 Camaro SS was dented and the paint cracked caused by a loose and crooked strut bolt cap (Original Post). I took to my local dealer and GM agreed to fix. This dealer does not have a body shop so they sent me to an auto body repair shop 12 miles away. The attempted fix is unacceptable, you can clearly see the valley where it was painted and my car experienced numerous scratches while under their care which they will not take responsibility for. They were very combative when I returned to them, surrounding me with 3 employees, yelling and screaming at me because I wanted something for free... I told them right from the beginning (when I questioned damage) I did not want them fixing or touching my car, just an explanation of what happened. Forward to today, this dealer finally responded to me and said any issues are between me and the auto body shop... I completely disagree as THEY sent me there to do WARRANTY work, I did not choose to go there. I am beyond upset and disgusted with this whole ordeal... over 3 months and my car is worse off now than when I originally took it in, I want my car fixed ASAP, by a GM facility with certified technician and a SENSE OF ACCOUNTABILITY... I am sick of the run around. Is this my issue or the dealer that sent me there?
I have tried dealing with the Dealership, I have sent PM's to CS here with no response - I am beginning to lose faith.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #45
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
That is extremely frustrating to even read, I can't imagine living it. I've followed this from day one and you were obviously very protective of your car's appearance. I always worry when I take mine somewhere for anything - which I rarely do.

You can see the mentality right here on the forum. There are many people who feel that dings and dents are an inevitable way of life. And to some degree, they are. But...when those are the kind people who WORK on your car, it's never good. Sorry to hear this OP, I suppose you must seek out someone who looks at cars like you and I do that can perform the work now. At this point you're probably willing to go out of pocket to get it done right, I know I would be.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #46
14ssrs6man

You are correct... I will pay out of pocket to have done right. I am going to be correcting the paint this weekend, hopefully I can get decent results on the hood.
The best comment they told me was " wax covers imperfections, every time you wash it strips the wax and reveals, your car had damage, you just didn't see it". I told him if you use ph neutral car soap wax will not strip, and, my car only had sealant because it stays garagedd and has never seen rain... my car was 97% flwless when I took it there... those that know my car were shocked when I showed them, your argument is false.
I have told everyone in the area to stay far, far away from them.
I will post pics when I finish. Take Care!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #47
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I took those plastic caps off and tossed them when I got my car.. after seeing this, I'm glade I did!
Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 AM   #48
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
I checked mine when I got home after reading this and both mine were lose and about 1/2 off. I tightened them up but now I am think of just taking them off.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #49
14ssrs6man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
I checked mine when I got home after reading this and both mine were lose and about 1/2 off. I tightened them up but now I am think of just taking them off.
Either that, apply a little silicone to them or replace with screw on caps like I did... they have not loosened at all and look very nice too.

Still waiting to hear from the GM Rep regarding the repair that was done, CS called me and said they would be contacting me.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #50
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
Take them off and toss them out! They are pointless and dirt collectors!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #51
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Hard to believe GM spends money on pointless hardware but probably won't throw a CEL with em off!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #52
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
That shop is full of crap and it sounds like your dealer is relatively worthless too. It's typical bring your car in for one repair and they mess something else up. Sorry about your frustration but it happens, most places are mediocre at best.
Back In The Saddle - Earley 2010 2SS IBM A6 #10244 Built - Roto-Fab CAI, Muffler/CAT Delete, Mickey Thompson ET DRs, RDP Tune,
BW Stage II Ported TB, Speed Engineering 1-7/8" Longtubes, ZEX Nitrous 125HP Shot, Lingenfelter 160* Stat, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs & Elite Catch Can.

Check Out My Youtube Channel For 5th Gen Camaro Drag Racing & How To Mods https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG...GR9gDm6PO-27rg
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote