Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #85
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
A car doesn't have to have mods to be unique for a car show. Sure, some mods are really unique and nice to look at, but what is really appealing is the overall beauty of the car. Does it "pop" in some way due to the owner's care? Low miles? Eye catching color? All these things make a car nice to look at for most local car shows. Some clown above stated that "stock" cars really have no business at shows is full of you know what. Show me a beautiful stock car from yesteryear, a survivor for example, and I'm running to see it.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #86
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
A car doesn't have to have mods to be unique for a car show. Sure, some mods are really unique and nice to look at, but what is really appealing is the overall beauty of the car. Does it "pop" in some way due to the owner's care? Low miles? Eye catching color? All these things make a car nice to look at for most local car shows. Some clown above stated that "stock" cars really have no business at shows is full of you know what. Show me a beautiful stock car from yesteryear, a survivor for example, and I'm running to see it.
I took my Camaro to a show once when it was new. Totally stock. I only went because a friend of mine wanted to show his 1994. Only 200 of these Z/28s were built and sold only to SCCA Pro-Comp license holders.
Everything is as-built except the car was not delivered with a passenger seat.

He wound up helping kids into the drivers seat so their dads could take pictures.

A lot of people looked at my new Camaro as well as the new Challenger and some Mustangs, but not like the survivor.
Attached Images

CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #87
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
^^^^ I hope your 5th gen was a little cleaner than your friends '94.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #88
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
^^^^ I hope your 5th gen was a little cleaner than your friends '94.
Yeah, I had to twist his arm to open the hood.
Then I said, "Don't ever clean that."

Miles at Road America and Blackhawk.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2016, 12:31 AM   #89
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
OP, Oh come on, don't you have something better to do than ask this same question over and over and over again!
Over & over again?? When did I previously post this question? If I did I sure don't remember posting it or maybe you were drunk when you posted this comment?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #90
myold88

I've been showing my '10SS for the past 7 years. Here's mine and a friends, both early
build 10's, which we both ordered back in early 2009. This was last Sunday 9/11.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:12 AM   #91
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I drive mine to shows to look at other cars in the show. It's too new for a car show. I understand you guys that have your rides modded and want to show them off. That makes sense. I however could never really understand taking a stock current car to a show unless it's something rare or exotic.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:30 AM   #92
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I take my 2010 to car shows and cruise nights all the time. Often it's the only Gen 5 there, and if not, the Camaros are still greatly outnumbered by Mustangs.

I get a lot of comments on the car. It's white with black leather and has no stripes or mods, but is unusual looking because it's non-RS but 2SS.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #93
Noomo

Drives: 2014 camaro ls/2
It's pompous to think everyone appreciates or has the same taste in cars. It's a car show, so as long as you arrive in a car then whats the problem? Who cares what other people think anyways. To many old car show guys no new cars should be in a car show. Go, have fun, and if someone doesn't like it then its their problem. People still take their picture next to my car so not everyone shares that narrow view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Now that there are so many Camaros on the road I'm curious who is still taking their cars to car shows. My SS is special to me, but because there are so many on the road now that I don't feel the general public thinks that they are special in any way.

We have 25+ in our Camaro club & we schedule about 15 shows a year. I attend a few of the shows but not with my car, strictly an observer. If the show is a GM or Camaro specific I will normally attend with my car but not just general car shows.

Face it fellow GEN5 owners we had a great run but I don't feel that the general public has much interest in looking at any GEN5 Camaro's. I have also overheard more than 1 person say this exact same thing "there are Camaro's all over the place, I can't understand why these pompous Camaro dudes think that they any longer special enough to be in a car show".

So how many of us fellow GEN5 owners still attend car shows with their cars?

CAI Intake, MRT V2 exhaust, SE Hot Wheels style wheels.
Noomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #94
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I took my Camaro to a show once when it was new. Totally stock. I only went because a friend of mine wanted to show his 1994. Only 200 of these Z/28s were built and sold only to SCCA Pro-Comp license holders.
Everything is as-built except the car was not delivered with a passenger seat.

He wound up helping kids into the drivers seat so their dads could take pictures.

A lot of people looked at my new Camaro as well as the new Challenger and some Mustangs, but not like the survivor.
Not sure if you are referring to the car in the picture being the 94' but that's definitely not a 94'.... 1992 was the last year of the 3rd gen.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #95
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noomo View Post
It's pompous to think everyone appreciates or has the same taste in cars. It's a car show, so as long as you arrive in a car then whats the problem? Who cares what other people think anyways. To many old car show guys no new cars should be in a car show. Go, have fun, and if someone doesn't like it then its their problem. People still take their picture next to my car so not everyone shares that narrow view.
I'm an old car show guy. I've shown many of my antique cars and also my 2010
SS (see above) hundreds of times. The only problem I have is when 5th or 6th
generation owners enter a show and expect a trophy competing against a nice
restored 40 or 50 year old classic. Please don't.
And for those guys that don't think these Camaros are special, how come just
about every time I'm out and about with my Camaro I still get complements?
Old 09-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #96
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Not sure if you are referring to the car in the picture being the 94' but that's definitely not a 94'.... 1992 was the last year of the 3rd gen.
I never was any good with dates.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #97
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i dont go expecting trophies,won a few with my classic cars and kept the"best" ones.i drive my late model camaro,hang with a few friends and enjoy the show.as you know a young lady gave my car the ultimate compliment last weekend by gracing it with her ass while getting her picture taken...i agree,either nicely modded or older stock musclecars should take home the trophies
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote