Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #29
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
The mustang was on my consideration list, but ultimately, I went Chevy for many reasons.

1) Out of all the cars I've ever owned, only a couple have been non-GM brands. Always had better luck with GMs.

2) I liked the styling and the lines better on the Camaro over the stang.

3) Interior seemed slightly nicer on the Camaro. Neither seemed bad. I have a bad back and preferred the seats in the camaro.

4) I am more familiar with a pushrod V8 than the 5.0 in the Ford. Knowing that I would be modifying, I preferred the "lower tech" engine that I was accustomed to working on. Plus the reliability of the GM LS series engines is 2nd to none, in my opinion.

5) Money. The camaro ended up costing less than the Fords I was finding that had the options I wanted.
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #30
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Camaros are less prone to attack people on the sides of the street.
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #31
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Camaros are less prone to attack people on the sides of the street.
This!!!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #32
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I was 50/50 between a Camaro and a Mustang. I still like both cars. It really just came down to the price. If Chevy wasn't offering the % off select Camaros in stock and Ford did, I would be in another forum.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #33
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
for me it is a history thing, fords always seemed cheap to me, and then there is the history of the company and there way of doings things just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. and then there are those putrid tempos they made back in the 90's......upside down bath tub on wheels. ugly as sin. I don't mind Mustangs for the most part, they can be fast and fun but have a hard time talking myself in to buying one!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #34
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I was 50/50 between a Camaro and a Mustang. I still like both cars. It really just came down to the price. If Chevy wasn't offering the % off select Camaros in stock and Ford did, I would be in another forum.
It was generally down to this 1LE vs a Mustang w/ the performance pack. The Mustang cost more, had a nicer interior, but felt a bit squishy, like the car has more motor than chassis. The Camaro just drove better and felt more like I wanted it to right out of the gate. I like the old school mentality LS3 motor as well, inefficiency and all.

I like them both (though it is funny watching forum drama when comparisons are done). This car just suits me better.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #35
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
I get amused with the Mustang hype. Back in 79 when they cam out with the 5.0 Fox body everyone went nuts over the "new" 5.0 motor. It was the exact same as the 302 from the 78 Mustang II (the mustang even mustang owners don't like) that was hated.

These days it's largely a chocolate vs vanilla issue. However for an equal performance I thing you pay more for the Mustang. If I'm going to pay more than the Camaro I'll get a Corvette.

Just my .02

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #36
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
The Camaro was featured in Transformers. How many mustangs were in the movies as cool as Transformers?
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #37
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
The Camaro was featured in Transformers. How many mustangs were in the movies as cool as Transformers?
Bullitt.

And that movie didn't need a jackass like Michael Bay blowing things up and $150 million dollars of CGI to be awesome.

I hate to admit it but movies and screen time are the worst example of Camaro badass creds since they have been rarely a "feature car".

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #38
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
The original Gone In 60 Seconds.

Not the BS remake!

Original had real drivers driving real cars in real streets! No CGI BS!

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #39
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Bullitt.

And that movie didn't need a jackass like Michael Bay blowing things up and $150 million dollars of CGI to be awesome.

I hate to admit it but movies and screen time are the worst example of Camaro badass creds since they have been rarely a "feature car".

Scott
Agree, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the Transformer movies either and, although I'm also not a big fan of the Mustang, they have been in a couple of what, IMO, are great movies ... add 'Gone in Sixty Seconds' (both the original and remake) to the list
Old 08-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #40
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
To be fair, a Mustang was in Transformers too, and in the Alternators Toyline, there were a couple that transformed into Mustangs.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #41
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
It was so cool, Chevrolet came out with a Special Edition Transformers Camaro to sell to the public. Didn't see any special edition mustangs for sale. Lol
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #42
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
idk 5.0's are nice, but they don't do it for me

5th gens just have that it factor, I always break my neck looking when I see one going down the road.

Also the IRS has honestly saved me a few times where that solid rear axle would've gave me trouble