Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Santos
Santos

Drives: 1SS Blk 6M ECS 1500
Exclamation Carbon Fiber body panel parts - where is it all

So i know most of the companies are trying to get us some good performance mods, but how bout some CF hoods, trunks, doors bumpers, it would be awesome to start doing some weight reduction without gutting our new cars.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
I'm really looking forward to carbon fiber body kit, or any after market bodykit for that matter. I dont want to go with the GM one because i dont want my car to look like everyone elses.
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
The hood is already aluminum. I guess you could rock one if you wanted. Some carbon fiber fenders would be nice, but in all honesty stamped steel fenders arent really that heavy.

Ditch those mufflers, ditch the engine covers, ditch the tire inflator. If you want to really get into savings, you could ditch the sound deadening under the carpets and door panels ditch the wiper fluid resevior for a smaller one or ditch it all together, ditch the inner fender covers and take a big dump before racing. You could probably ditch some heat shielding too, just not near brake lines.

Painting to match the metallic colors is going to be a bitch too.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote