Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
My headers came in a box with two inch lettering saying California Legal. Under the impression in the carb rule headers must be welded in place not to move the exsisting cats from stock location. Or the vender just stufff them in a different box. I still don't know if a CAI is legal as well
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
It was my understanding that DT's are now compliant.....sounds like a little research is in order.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
That didn't take long ---- http://www.amazon.com/Doug-Thorley-H.../dp/B007NJXS0A
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #18
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
o nice so then i have 2 options now. which one would u guys recommend? doug or jba? im just mostly worried about rust
Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Under the CARB rule 2012they must be welded in, not flanged like JBA? that was the big deal two years ago, I guess it shows the confusion on california's part.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #20
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

so r jba's not viable now then lol? or couldnt u just weld them on?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #21
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
The link I posted is for JBA model I bought and mine have no rust or any real change in appearance since I put them on 3yrs ago.

I can't comment on the flanged vs weld in place issue, but you can have either DT's or the JBA welded in- just cut the flange off. It is a nice option though to be able to take the exhaust down without having to remove the headers (with the bolt-together flange).

You do get a performance improvement with any header, not just sound. JBA had a dyno-graph somewhere online showing before and after results- more research please!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #22
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
The link I posted is for JBA model I bought and mine have no rust or any real change in appearance since I put them on 3yrs ago.

I can't comment on the flanged vs weld in place issue, but you can have either DT's or the JBA welded in- just cut the flange off. It is a nice option though to be able to take the exhaust down without having to remove the headers (with the bolt-together flange).

You do get a performance improvement with any header, not just sound. JBA had a dyno-graph somewhere online showing before and after results- more research please!
how much of a sound change was it?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #23
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
With me being stationed in California for the military modifying your Camaro SUCKS! If I would have gotten JBA Shorty Headers the C.A.R.B Rules state you can only add the shorty headers if you don't aftermarket tune your car. So I just stuck with the stock manifolds and Hypertech Tuned my car. Love the performance of it, but I will be doing shorty headers as soon as I leave California!!!
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #24
ccalderon210

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Ls
legal in california?

lol stickers, add all the stickers you want(not really). they wont mess with you.
there really isnt any carb legal headers but you have 6 years from the purchase date until you have to get it smogged, so that might be something youd be interested in. ported throttle body, catch can, intake spacer, gears, strut tower other suspenion mods, lowering/coils, underbody brace. hypertech has a programmer that is carb legal, might wanna look into that(ive tried it, i felt a difference in daily use)
ccalderon210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
MI68

Drives: 2010 LT RS & 1968 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Well, you can still do the catch can and ported throttle body... maybe shorty headers too.
CA emissions suck....the catch can may not pass visual SMOG as you have to modify the PCV in the emissions system, depends on how hard the SMOG guy or police look, there are a few Threads out there from CA drivers that failed for a Catch Can.

So when you install the catch can and CAI make sure you keep the old parts and/or make sure it can be brought back to stock before SMOG inspection, or if you get pulled over and they look under your hood.
MI68 is offline   Reply With Quote