Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2016, 05:47 AM   #1
sparaz
867-5309

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
? on use of time/money 4 professional component installation (rtrn frm deployment)

I haven't been on C5 in forever but its a good time to get back into it now that i'm disposable income ready again.

I have purchased the following items and they are awaiting via my wife at home for me to return from Afghanistan:

1. Carbon Fiber ground effects OEM styled (w/ 3" rectangle tips needed to install/modify to adapt from magna flow catback street series)
2. Custom Niche 3pc 22" forged wheels w/ tires, balancing kit, air pressure sensor kit, etc for install:
3. JBA Short silver model California approved headers cat4ward :
4. trifecta custom engine tuning flash configuration w/ ghost cam option (based on tune build with JBA headers installed [currently not installed]:
5. SS caliper replacement, additional parts and pads may not be included
6. Red interior footwell LED (should be easy swap out electrically with old blue LEDs)
7. Engine compartment LED lighting [red]:
8. Engine compartment LED lighting (fusebox, airbox, sidewall, etc w/ remote)[red]:
9. Front headlamps SMD red/White switching function:
10. Front foglamps SMD red/white switching functions:
11. Interior dome light internal (multi colorshift w/ remote):
12. Exterior metallic red vinyl decals + accent additions:

The headlamps are oracle lighting so I want that to be done correctly and professionally... My questions is to anyone who can help...

Whats the best way to get all of this done as quickly as possible with the least amount of stops in the Los Angeles county area? I have only two weeks and i'd like to get it all done in that period because I am returning from Afghanistan and the more time I spend on this (the more it costs and the more time I lose to not be able to spend with my wife while i'm home).

What kind of shops does anyone know of that are almost like jacks of everything yet reputable? Any ideas or lead off help wise? I'm trying to preplan all of this, thank you so much!

-Matt/Sparaz/Spaz
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I can't recommend places, but I'd suggest finding a body shop for the ground effects, lighting, vinyl, and wheels. Then find a speed shop for the brakes/tune/exhaust

Do some research on what is available in your area and make calls if you're able to (or wife can..)...perhaps you can explain your situation and they may be able to work you in on a really quick in/out timeframe in order to accommodate what you have going on...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #3
sparaz
867-5309

Yeah I don't know of any good "speed" shops in my area. But I can probably go with the normal body shop to do the install stuff. I'm just going to try to avoid the costly places as they sucked lots of my money up earlier this year. I don't think anything in particular is too crazy difficult for handling at the normal shop. I just hope whenever I go to the shop after that installing the rectangle'd exhaust tips isn't a problem after the body kit is put on. The tips require I think a half inch conversion from the 2.5" magna flow catback size to the 3.0" tip size of the tips pipes (they are from another exhaust system that is illegal in California, but not the tips alone) its easily doable but hopefully not a problematic issue.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
First of all, thanks for your service, I can only imagine how anxious you are set foot on free soil once again.

Not from anywhere near California, however I might add that it would might be a good idea to get the 'speed' shop done stuff done first, headers, exhaust, brakes. The cosmetics might get in the way of some this.

Sometimes, you can find one by finding the other, ask for a referral. In many cases referral customers may get preferential treatment because they want the referrals to keep coming.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
sparaz
867-5309

good advice, ill start my research from that angle first and ideally be able to knock both out within two distinct stops/shops. I'll put some feelers out there over the internet best as possible first, since I have until mid march till I return. In the meantime i'm waiting for last of some items to arrive from shipment. Will give me opportunity to organize my inventory, make a plan, and hopefully secure a loose agreement on time requirements/expectations.

No need for thanks to me though; although thank you for it nonetheless, glad to have done it again. I bought several more interior upgrades since I posted this, specifically the metra 2.0 double din center dash housing, an android stereo/radio/dvd/gps/wifi(etc) head unit and an OBD Bluetooth scanner+EC system interface to load into an app on the android touchscreen unit for an all in one monitoring and data addition and vehicle internet gateway. I just keep adding onto the peripherals and hardware additions I need to install, i'm going to shoot myself in the foot here.

Tags
bodywork, installation, los angeles, oracle, professional