Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #183
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
so you missed the whole 'car driving over the foot thing....'

The officer also moved forward and put himself/foot in said situation. Not saying the guy was right to get in the car and move forward but the foot is going to lose the fight...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So you two guys think that 'Questioning' the cop means get in your car and start driving away while he's ticketing you?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #185
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I don't think anyone here is really saying the guy in the Ferrari was in the right.
What is clearly evident to me in this situation: The officer obvioulsy was fully intent on escalating the situation by placing his foot in front of the tire of a car that was obviously attempting to be driven away fully anticipating that his foot would be run over then justifying his slightly overzealous actions. Ferrari driver was stupid enough to fully comply with the officers attempt to escalate said situation.
CLIFFS: Officer baits perp, perp takes bait. Really as simple as that.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #186
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
+1 Let's analyze: The Officer was writing him a ticket for illegally parking, the driver gets in the car and tries to leave the scene, the Officer tells him to stop and places himself in a position thinking the driver will heed to his instruction "stop and get out of the car", the driver does not and runs over the Officer's foot, the Officer then tries to physically remove the driver from the car while the driver resists, back-up arrives and he's placed in cuffs on the ground. 1. Resisting Arrest 2. Assault on a Police Officer FYI: When an Officer tells you to do something, you follow directions DUMBA$$! I have never been in trouble with the law. Why? I choose not to break laws. If an Officer were to give me instructions, I would NOT ignore them and do the opposite (you're just going to piss them off). This is almost as good as when you're watching COPS and a car chase ensues. When the Police finally catch the suspect they ask, "Why did you run?". 99% of the time, the perp always says, "I was scared!". Scared of what you a$$hole? When you see Police lights pull over. If you DIDN'T do anything wrong, there's nothing to be scared of. Fleeing simply compounds the problem. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
blindly doing what one is told without question is the purest definition of stupid. there are alot of crooked cops out there,just because they wear a badge does not make them 100% in the right at all times.
The Officer told him to get out of the car and not to drive away. Definition of stupid??? Hardly. A crooked Cop would ask you to deliver 250 pounds of cocaine to a "warehouse by the pier". Getting out of your car and accepting your ticket for illegally parking like any smart and descent citizen...not so crooked. Move along...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #187
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
camarostar, nobody has the right to do what that driver did.

The cop may have been dumb, but I'm interested in what law gives the driver the right to move a pedestrian out of his way with his vehicle. The circumstances leading up to that are not mitigating. he knew that his car was right there up against the cop
I've got a very easy answer for you. He didn't move the Cop out of the way with his vehicle. Its very easy to see the officer moved his foot under the tire of the car. In a place where the driver had no idea if the officer moved is foot there.

The cop was a douche...plain and simple. He illegally detained someone which in and of itself is "breaking the law".
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #188
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
I've got a very easy answer for you. He didn't move the Cop out of the way with his vehicle. Its very easy to see the officer moved his foot under the tire of the car. In a place where the driver had no idea if the officer moved is foot there.

The cop was a douche...plain and simple. He illegally detained someone which in and of itself is "breaking the law".
u can hear him tell the driver in the video.."You are going to run over my foot"

personally i dont think he should move his foot there..but i definitely dont think its okay for the guy to drive away. The cop did what he had to do to make sure he doesnt leave lol sacrificing his foot worked.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #189
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So you two guys think that 'Questioning' the cop means get in your car and start driving away while he's ticketing you?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #190
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
its' back......

"It looks like the police officer wants to buy a Ferrari of his own........

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/8/2...llion-7710378/

The cop is suing for 10mil.....

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #191
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
Yea, But the Cop should have never put his foot under the car, That was dumb on his part. Did you see traffic? where was he going to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
i think that cop kinda asked for it.. he stepped in front of the car, saw the guy was going to drive, so why would you continue to stay there and put your foot under the wheel? you have his license plate so its not like you couldnt do anythign baout it if he drove off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarostar2010 View Post
I will be real honest on this from all angles. The truth is this. I know because I know...lets leave it at that. An officer issuing a summons...CAN NOT EVER...unless a crime is being committed, stand in the way, block, or physically detain a driver. the only way you can be detained is if you are under arrest. Hence why the founding fathers made the constitution. He was illegally detained by that cop. Also the cop willfully placed his foot and body in front of the car. The driver tried to move around him. he never ran over the cops foot.. The cop was supposed issue the summons...what is called an n.o.v Notice of violation. and he was supposed to mail it to the owner of the vehicle. That's all he can do and was supposed to do. At which point the owner or driver can appear before the kangaroo court magistrate and make a plea. NOW....was it wise to approach the vehicle and try to leave, no. I would have just let the ticket be written and deal with it then...or in my case I could talk to him, and ask that he have some courtesy. Either way I would not approach the ofc. with any rebuke or anger. Why risk that confrontation for chump money. NOW ..the verdict. Speaking arbitrarily, the cop, one illegally detained a civilian by using his own body as a shield. Two illegally attacked the motorist by dragging him out the car and flipping him. The driver did not resist arrest nor committed any thing to even be arrested. three...created undo damage to the motorist veh and the cab near the veh by slamming the doors. Property damage isnt covered here. Four arresting now the civilian without any real assault committed or any other crime. Offcourse, the ofc will say he was attacked and the car was used a deadly weapon. Which the vid, easily can exonerate. Whether the guy is a rich watever, or ****y etc..is null an void. The offfcer must uphold the law and be the bigger man. Instead his ego got the best of him, and he used excessive force and illegal detention as a way out. Now all 3 ofc their will have to write fraudulent lies to corroborate the initial cops version...hence they all will lie before the judge to cover His, the initial cops, wrong doing. the blue wall...again. So now if and only if this vid is admitted as evidence can this senseless rich idiot be exonerated. So he loses ...because the lawyer fees and all that far exceed the ticket. BUT...BUT...with a good lawyer u can recover all the fee plus damages, and the p.o. might be out of a j.o.b. ..time will tell
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Yea, pissing contest really. You can see his plate, send him a ticket in the mail instead of trying to stop a car with your foot...
Also, can't speak for that specific vehicle, but I've had my foot run over by a car before. Not really that painful, at least not to the extent the police officer seemed to portray.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #192
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykeith View Post
Also, can't speak for that specific vehicle, but I've had my foot run over by a car before. Not really that painful, at least not to the extent the police officer seemed to portray.
Again, much like having someone grab your hand and squeeze your palm in a certain way to make it hurt, it depends on how it runs it over.

I will say this............ If what happened to my brother had happened to that cop he would not have been upright to pull the guy out of his car.