Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-24-2016, 05:07 PM   #15
Germy2011

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro LS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodieG95 View Post
Honestly i just used a rag or towel to hold it, but gloves would've made it easier. I went and found a decent black silicone gasket maker from a local autozone. be sure to apply enough so that you don't have a break in the seal. Mine just recently got some moisture in from a heavy rain but it seems to be fine now. also some sort of heavy clamps would make life a lot easier when closing them back up. you will also need a drill of sorts for the small hole that you run the wires out of the back. It definitely took me a lot more time than expected but i tend to take my time anyways. the bumper was the biggest pain though. getting some of the bolts in the wheel well were the hardest to get to.
Codie,

Thanks man for the quick reply. I am looking forward to the challenges up ahead! I will keep you updated man and thanks for the tips on the seal. I dont want any moisture in it!
Germy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #16
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Another little bit of info just incase you get confused like I was at first. I watched a couple of those bake vids on you tube and everything looked pretty straight forward.The first one I baked at 220 for 20min as directed and man did I struggle with that thing.In and out of the oven a couple more reheats for 5 to 10 minutes as they cool quick.But when I did my other headlight it was a replacement housing(Eagle Eye brand) and I expected wrestlemania round two but what happened was totally unexpected.After the 20 min I took it out and it literally took 20 seconds to separate.The sealant on the Eagle eye was like the vids showed and was like a web of glue when I took it apart.Had to be carefull not to get the sealant all over the lens in fact.The first lamp was GM original and the sealant was rock hard and never did get elasticy like the Eagle eye lamp.
Attached Images

Last edited by davesnever; 03-24-2016 at 06:47 PM.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #17
davesnever

Oh yeah one other thing,both my lights had rectangular stickers which were covering holes so there was no need to drill any new holes for wiring, maybe yours will be the same.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #18
CodieG95

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ls Manual
i had the same issue. all though it was with both gm original. the first one took forever but the second took less then half the time. Just figuring out the perfect way to get in and go around.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #19
davesnever

Yeah my original GM sealant was rock hard,maybe from aging or exposure to weather changes.Had to almost chisel the remaining sealant out after separating.The eagle eye sealant was so soft I could of pulled it apart without the screwdriver.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #20
Germy2011

Codie,

Getting my lights today. They are down the street an will be delivered in a few hours!

I was rereading your comments and you said the lights dont really have a secure spot in the headlight, How did you use the Epoxy to make it work?

Thanks again for all your information man, it really helps out a lot.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #21
Germy2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Oh yeah one other thing,both my lights had rectangular stickers which were covering holes so there was no need to drill any new holes for wiring, maybe yours will be the same.
Dave,

I am real bad at forums. I did not see your posting either. Thanks for the advice. I kinda want to make a Youtube Video but im not into that kind of stuff. I am a snapchatter if anybody wants to follow me on snapchat

Germy2011
Old 03-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
question guys, when you bake the lights does it smell up the house like plastic? Any smell at all?? Thanks!
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #23
Germy2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post
question guys, when you bake the lights does it smell up the house like plastic? Any smell at all?? Thanks!
I wont know til tomorrow morning lol.

just get frebreeze!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #24
CodieG95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post
it didn't for me but i suppose it would if you left it in to long and it started melting
Old 03-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #25
CodieG95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germy2011 View Post
Codie,

Getting my lights today. They are down the street an will be delivered in a few hours!

I was rereading your comments and you said the lights dont really have a secure spot in the headlight, How did you use the Epoxy to make it work?

Thanks again for all your information man, it really helps out a lot.
if you look in the first pic dave put up of his headlight and youl see when you go to place yours, the headlight housing is narrow and wont show the full halo. Just as the RS versions are it is 2 separate half circles basically. i epoxyed it to the top and bottom where it cuts off pretty much.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:48 PM   #26
davesnever

No problems with odor here either, wife would of killed me if it had happened lol.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #27
davesnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germy2011 View Post
Dave,

I am real bad at forums. I did not see your posting either. Thanks for the advice. I kinda want to make a Youtube Video but im not into that kind of stuff. I am a snapchatter if anybody wants to follow me on snapchat

Germy2011
Yeah same here, I don't mind sharing my knowledge but don't have the time to play camera man, I like to focus on the job I am doing lol.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:17 AM   #28
Germy2011

Hey guys,

Success! my Lights are successfully installed and they look great I will try and post pics when i have time. I only get on here while at work, because well i hate work and wanna drive my car.

Angie, no smell. Only when i upped the oven to 275 to get more into the headlight.

Thanks for all the help guys. I love the lights!

Tags
halo, lights, oracle